Sleeved 12/2, had some doubts in the beginning.

PrettyEyes_41
on 12/15/13 12:47 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12

I've never tried the Bariatric Advantage protein but I'm sure there are ways you can flavor it or add it to certain foods so that you can use it. Just try a half scoop (or less) at a time with other proteins to add a little more to them. I use the Unjury unflavored in everything! I added it to yogurt, sf pudding, coffee and soups (once it cooled a little bit). When adding protein powder of any kind to cold items you should mix them and then let them sit in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to allow it to dissolve, then restir before you eat it. I also like the Premier ready to drink shakes from Sam's. Great amount of protein and they taste really good. Just remember that Protein is something you have to watch for the rest of your life! If you don't get enough protein then your body will start breaking down muscle instead of fat, you won't get your energy back and your hair loss is higher, just to mention a few reasons. Even in maintenance I keep my protein up and still use the powders or shakes if I see I haven't gotten what I need for the day. The swelling takes 6-8 weeks to go down completely so just take it slow. Sip your fluids and don't gulp or they'll come right back up. It gets easier every day and at 18 months out it's like it never happened but I'm 100 lbs less, feel 20 years younger and have 10 times more energy than every before. I can eat about 5-6 ounces only and that works great for me. You'll get there if you follow your dr's plan and use the vsg as a tool along with watching what you eat and exercising. Congrats on 18 lbs gone already! That's awesome!!

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

KrissyMisssy
on 12/15/13 1:08 pm - TN
VSG on 12/02/13

Thank you, I try to keep the lasting health issues in the front of my mind and I really think that helped some, but I'm just glad I have some protein that I can tolerate now. 

And one of my expensive bags of protein I got was unflavored so I could add it to other things for some variation, but I learned quickly that "unflavored" does not mean "no flavor". Maybe I'm just a big baby but the taste of protein repulses me so I just need something good to mask the flavor lol. 

Chrissy W.
on 12/15/13 3:03 am - Indianapolis, IN
VSG on 07/01/13

Hello, fellow Chrissy (I'll forgive you for the spelling  ). I'm  sorry you've been having issues since surgery! It gets better, I promise! I'm glad you discovered Syntrax. It's definitely my favorite. Their Vanilla Bean Torte is my FAVE. 

As for the water intolerance... I've dealt with the same thing post op. I miss having a big glass if iced water :( I also tolerate water better with some sort if flavoring added, which makes NO sense to me. I saw an interesting post here the other day abou****er pH and I am about to start experimenting with different "fancy" waters to see if I tolerate one pH level better than another. I mean what else does the flavoring do to the water that makes it not turn my stomach?? This is about to become my pet project...

VSG 7/1/13 with Dr. Jack Rutledge 28 y/o female - 5'10" - HW: 298GW: 174 - SW: 290 (-8) - M1: 262 (-28) - M2: 247 (-15) - M3: 235 (-12) - M4: 228 (-7 ~First Stall: almost 2 wks~) - M5: 218 (-10) - M6: 209 (-9) - M7: 199 (-10) Onederland on 1/31 - M8: 196 (-3) 100 lb total loss on 2/2 - M9: 192.6 (-3.4) - M10: 188.6 (-4) - M11: 182 (-6.6) - M12: 175.6 (-6.4) - M13: 173.8 (-1.8) CW (7/8/15): 167 - GOAL reached in 1 Year and 25 Days! - TOTAL WL - 131 lbs  

KrissyMisssy
on 12/15/13 1:10 pm - TN
VSG on 12/02/13

Thanks, I'll have to try that one! I have strawberry-kiwi right now and I LOVE it, but I have a feeling that after I finish this big container, I'll want to switch it up some, so I'll look for vanilla bean torte next time :)

And today I said screw it and drank several big gulps from a water fountain at the mall because I thought I was going to thirst to death, and it made my stomach seize up or something, but go**** tasted wonderful! Good, cold water! 

Jen Lyn
on 12/15/13 3:09 am
RNY on 11/11/13

I too have to flavor water which I never did before.  I also can't stand really cold drinks anymore.

I found ho****er and choc. protein is tolerable.  Also the unjury chicken soup flavor is tolerable. 

Hang in there. 

KrissyMisssy
on 12/15/13 1:11 pm - TN
VSG on 12/02/13

I've never thought of using ho****er. I bet it would taste like hot chocolate, especially if I tried hot skim milk. Maybe I'll have to try that too :)

puffierus
on 12/15/13 4:15 am - PA

Hang in there it will get better. I dont know what flavor of batiatric protein powder you got but i like to use only 4oz of water and eat them as a pudding. Or add a scoop to sugar free jello pudding. I found that if you add 1/2 of scoop to soups, oudding, cottage cheese, or even your flavor water you can not taste the protein like you can you the direction are followed. Be careful against dehydration i eat a lot of pop sicles good luck

HW 268   SW219   CW 181.2 surgery date 10/31/2013

:<span class=

KrissyMisssy
on 12/15/13 1:13 pm - TN
VSG on 12/02/13

Thanks, I will definitely give some of those things a try! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views