Tomorrow is my big day!!!

wendyred
on 2/6/14 2:43 am
I am ready! I have survived my pre op diet, thankfully it was only 10 days, liquids only-protein shakes, coffee, tea, water, broth. I thought it would be worse, yes I was hungry at times and strong smells of good food is definitely a trigger. Put my head down and pushed through. I check in at 0600 for an 0800 procedure. I am lucky, I work with doctors, OB/GYNs and the ones that have seen my surgeon around the hospital have told him that he has to take extra special care of me. It's funny and encouraging, not that my surgeon would do a less than stellar procedure, but the support for my work cohorts has been encouraging.  So yes, I an anxious and nervous but so ready! And very thankful for everyone on this forum! See you on the other side!
jenlm
on 2/6/14 2:47 am

Congratulations on this! I had my surgery 2 days ago! Take care of yourself and listen to your body after the surgery. I watched a guy that had his surgery after me be up and walking before I was. It took me hours before I could even wake up fully after my surgery.

wendyred
on 2/6/14 3:28 am
I agree, I tell my own patients to listen to their bodies. And let the staff lead you, they are the experts in the field. Ask questions, write things down...etc.
min2758
on 2/6/14 2:48 am - Boise, ID

Congrats!  It will be over before you know it! 

wendyred
on 2/6/14 3:29 am
Thanks!
Scribbler
on 2/6/14 3:13 am

We all heal at different rates. I had my surgery 2 days ago and I'm up and about and doing just fine - yeah, a little slow, but I'm not in a terrible amount of pain. I have had much worse surgeries. This one is annoying because of the gas/burp factor, but it's really not that bad.

I had my surgery after someone else and was up and walking before they were able to get up. I was really really working hard to get 'over the hump' so to speak.

wendyred
on 2/6/14 3:31 am
Absolutely, it's apples to oranges because we are all individuals. Hoping for an uneventful day and recovery. ;)
Scribbler
on 2/6/14 5:09 am, edited 2/6/14 5:09 am

You will probably have rough moments. I sure have had a couple - sleeping last night was a BEAR! - and I'm only starting out. But you know, it can only get better, right?

wendyred
on 2/6/14 6:06 am
I am sure I will have my moments. I did after my gall bladder surgery. Will just push through it.
debk21
on 2/6/14 5:03 am - Mansfield, TX

Congratulations! I'm scootin' over and I'll see ya on the losers bench tomorrow! Good luck and wishing you an uneventful and smooth recovery.

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 282 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 335 views