Post Op Day 1

wendyred
on 2/8/14 2:53 am
I made it! Surgery was yesterday morning and it went well, approx 2 hours then another 2 in PACU very slow to wake and a barely remember being transported to my room. I wish I could say the first 24 have been uneventful, but I cannot. Anytime I have had surgery I throw up, a lot. This was no exception for me. That was the worst, dry heaves, but it has since passed. I told them I did not want narcotics and have been given Torodol IV, plus Zofran. Am finally decompressing, I told my surgeon to deflate me as much a possible. Still have a lot of gas and pressure but really improving with walking and doing what I am told. So happy it's done, so happy with my wonderful team, and hopefully by this time next week I hope for new sense of balance and that everyday will get easier.  
ambrosia79
on 2/8/14 6:33 am - PA

Congratulations!  The walking helped me so much.  Every day does get easier.  I am only 10 days out and you would never know I had surgery, except that I still need (or want) a nap everyday! 

wendyred
on 2/8/14 7:04 am
Thanks! Feeling optimistic!
mollz007
on 2/8/14 6:35 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Congrats! See you on the losers bench in a few weeks!

check out my blog!

MonkeyToes
on 2/8/14 9:23 am

Congrats on being on the losers bench! I have to ask, what does it mean to have your surgeon "deflate" you? 

wendyred
on 2/8/14 10:11 am
Since this was a laproscopic procedure the surgeon will inflate your abdominal cavity with CO2. This allows more room and better visualization of the surgical field. I asked before surgery for him the push out as much of the CO2 as possible. So. Uch post op discomfort has to do with the gas that is pumped in. It's still there, but not nearly as bad as I remember when I had my gall blader out a year ago.
jenny1188
on 2/8/14 9:57 am - mount laurel, NJ
VSG on 03/03/14

Congratulations! !!  So happy you are doing well ! Keep us posted!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views