Help

Bearz
on 2/10/14 11:06 pm

I am so sad. I have my sleeve on jan 17th, and lost 30 pouncs but its been its been 2 weeks ago when I stopped the wight loss. I am in the soft food stage. I right everything down. Is this wat they called a stall? But I have gained 2 pounds.

G5x5
on 2/11/14 12:02 am - VA

This is a stall, at a very typical place in the cycle, and it's completely meaningless in the big picture.  Don't let it affect your mental state.

Loosing 30 pounds as fast as you have is an amazing result, and once your body adjusts, and progresses through this point, you'll see the loss continue.

As for gaining two pounds, it's almost certainly hydration and the impact of shifting your diet from liquidy things to more solid things.  Your intestines are holdig in more of both now which adds weight.

However, if you're following the typical program, you're most liking still loosing large amounts of body fat and inches around the waist (or whereever).

All will be good so please take a moment to celebrate the progress you've made.  You're on the other side now, and as long as you stick with the program everything will work out.

Also, just a piece of advice here, you've go to learn to manage through the stalls.  This process will take 6-12 months and there's not much you can do to change that.  Stalls will happen along the way, some short and some long.  Learning to cope early on will make the next ones easier to deal with.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Bearz
on 2/11/14 12:33 am

Thanks for your help. it has really helped my mood u all are such great people thank u.

The_True_KayD
on 2/11/14 12:28 am

I completely agree that you need to find a way to not focus so much on the scale. When I first started this journey I looked at what i did in the past. One thing is that I gave the scale too much power. It defined my mood, self confidence and feeling of success! This time around I use the scale as only one of the criterias. If I eat to plan, exercise, weigh and measure my food, drink water, along with keeping a positive attitude then i am successful. I do have weight goals but they dont define me. Loosing 30lbs in such a short period of time has your body very confused! Let it recover. Focus on the fact that you have given yourself a wonderful tool to help you return to health. Eat to your plan and find great recipes that results in you enjoying your bites. I get on the scale once a week. I did that right from the start. It frees me up to focus on other things. I had my surgery on Dec 3. I have lost 35lbs since surgery and a total of 50 lbs. I hit Onderland yesterday too. I read postings that are positive and look for solutions to challenges. I am sad to hear that you are feeling down.

You can change that perspective by putting yourself as the driver in this process, not the scale! 

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

Bearz
on 2/11/14 12:37 am

Thank u,I did not think of that about my body needs to recover. And congrats on your 50 pounds. I will take your advice and use the scail one time a week. Thank u.

Southjerzjoy
on 2/11/14 1:48 am
VSG on 01/27/14
On February 11, 2014 at 8:28 AM Pacific Time, The_True_KayD wrote:

I completely agree that you need to find a way to not focus so much on the scale. When I first started this journey I looked at what i did in the past. One thing is that I gave the scale too much power. It defined my mood, self confidence and feeling of success! This time around I use the scale as only one of the criterias. If I eat to plan, exercise, weigh and measure my food, drink water, along with keeping a positive attitude then i am successful. I do have weight goals but they dont define me. Loosing 30lbs in such a short period of time has your body very confused! Let it recover. Focus on the fact that you have given yourself a wonderful tool to help you return to health. Eat to your plan and find great recipes that results in you enjoying your bites. I get on the scale once a week. I did that right from the start. It frees me up to focus on other things. I had my surgery on Dec 3. I have lost 35lbs since surgery and a total of 50 lbs. I hit Onderland yesterday too. I read postings that are positive and look for solutions to challenges. I am sad to hear that you are feeling down.

You can change that perspective by putting yourself as the driver in this process, not the scale! 

Thank you KayD  yours was the positive post that gave me the solution to my chalange today.....

The_True_KayD
on 2/11/14 4:41 am

I am so grateful that my post has been helpful. I started this process in the drivers seat and have not given that position up. When faced with a challenge I sit down and chill a bit. Then I remind myself that I have kept myself on track all along so I will trust myself to solve this one.

I weigh myself each Monday. I look at it like Christmas every week. I get a little present! This week was Onderland!  

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/11/14 4:50 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Don't be sad.  You've lost 30 lbs.  You're on the right side of the scale!

I had my first stall at three weeks after surgery and it lasted about two weeks.  It started when I added soft food.  Like others have mentioned, your body is transitioning into a new mode of processing nutrition.  Just stick with your plan and the weight loss will start up again soon.  Keep drinking lots of fluids to keep yourself hydrated and keep a positive attitude.  The weight WILL come off, I promise you.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Bearz
on 2/11/14 5:15 am

Thank u. I will keep it up.

Most Active