Overly dramatic sigh - what is wrong with me?

Miss150
on 2/27/14 12:35 am

Amazing what hides under the fat and is revealed when that insulating blubber is no longer there! (I don't know if that is where your  feelings are coming from--speaking for myself here)!  I have no answers at the moment--just hugs and well wishes.  Sweetie- you are looking for yourself and your great purpose in this world.  Joy will come as you grow and discover those things.  I think a lot of emotional/spiritual growing up didn't happen a lot for those of us while we were suppressed under the influence of that numbing drug, food.  Now, it's time for all of us to get to work--Just the hard (yah, and it will be painful and a struggle at times) process of the caterpillar coming out of the cocoon.  You are a BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY--nothing wrong with you--Courage and growth your way today.  (and for ALL of us)  Bonnie

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

ravenbrown
on 2/27/14 1:17 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Thanks, hon!  I appreciate it. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/14 12:52 am

You body has changed a lot.I think going to talk to someone would be a great idea.They do help.I love my therapists.I really can't tell my friends since I only have a few. One thing I do do is when I feel bad I make a list of things that are good in my life.I do take meds for anxiety and depression and they do help.You may not need them so maybe someone just to talk to.Don't beat yourself up for not feeling happy.Life is not always easy.Take care.

ravenbrown
on 2/27/14 1:20 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I have meds for anxiety and depression as well.  I finally stopped trying to fight them in November, having struggled with both for so long.  I think that might be part of the issue, accepting being on the meds and the necessity, coming from a position of strength instead of looking at myself as weak.  I don't know.  I do need someone to talk to.  I'm hoping maybe my old therapist can do some phone therapy with me just to get me started.

michellebrad
on 2/27/14 5:23 am - Eastlake, OH

THERE.. the last sentence you wrote something positive.  I saw it. :)  "I'm hoping maybe my old therapist can do some phone therapy with me just to get me started."  KUDOS to you for acknowledging it.  I know it is NOT easy to acknowledge stuff like this.  I hope that your old therapist can help, and if not, that you find one to help you through this.  I KNOW I'm going to need some therapy along this journey and I am actually thinking about finding one now so that I don't wait and have to find one when I'm really down.  Anyway, hang in there, talk to your old therapist if you can and if not, just try to make one positive step towards finding a new one each day.  It WILL be okay.. it WILL work out.  ((((hugs))))

Highest weight: 389   Weight at day of surgery: 370   Surgery Date: 2/19/14

christinamudd
on 2/27/14 11:21 am

Let me tell you a little something.  My mom no matter how many positive things she has in her life she is always sad and depressed.  (I'm not saying this is your scenario).  I'm just saying some people need help and there's nothing wrong with that!  My mom is the most clinically depressed person I've ever met, and is rarely happy for long.  I think sometimes, some people have a chemical imbalance.  There is nothing wrong with being on medications.  That's why scientists developed them!  If you need a medication for high BP do you feel bad about that?  No!  I really hope you find somebody great to talk to that you can really connect with.  I wish you the most love and compassion.  When you feel blue, pick up that beautiful girl of yours and think, "tomorrow will be better." When I have a bad day, that's my motto :) :) Cheer up!  It sounds like you have so many gifts and you deserve to enjoy it all!  I hope you figure out what's going on and feel better soon :) 

Love and respect,

Christina

ravenbrown
on 2/28/14 12:51 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

My Bean actually let me hold her this morning and didn't immediately ask for Daddy, so that was a win :)  Thanks!

frisco
on 2/27/14 12:55 am

Lemme throw something out there.......

I went through something similar..... this may pertain to you or not.... don't know and so not my area......

But I do see a trend.....

You, Sonia, Miss150...... all have "over achieved" at this...... a huge personal accomplishment......maybe the greatest...... as weight loss was the "one" thing we just couldn't do....

Personally speaking...... being a bit further out..... I'm thinking with your personalities, drives and desires..... you may need a new challenge to really be in your element.

Sometimes when everything is going to well were not challenged.......

Just throwin it out there.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

sonia29
on 2/27/14 1:14 am
Very true Frisco! You got it!

29y/ 5'4 / HW 265/SW 255/CW 120.1/Final goal 125

ravenbrown
on 2/27/14 1:26 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Oh yeah, you're right.  I just don't know what the hell I want to do as a challenge.  It should be physical, but I don't want to start something then take all that time off for plastic surgery.  Maybe I need to do a two month something or other :)  This is actually what I do when I get comfortable, make myself miserable until I figure out how to completely throw my life into a tailspin then work on getting myself out of it.  I'm not good with just enjoying the moment.  I'm going to goal set and mark off each day on my calendar.  I think the visual will make me feel pride and give me motivation.  Thank you

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views