Day 2 liquid diet

lessofme123
on 5/22/14 7:24 am

So far this liquid diet has been much easier than I thought it would be.  It's only day 2, so I might have a different opinion by the weekend though!  I was in a meeting all day for work, and when they brought in the catered food, I went and washed my car and drank my protein shake on the way to the car wash.  I'm glad I didn't have to sit there and watch everyone else eat.  I hope the excitement carries me through the other 12 days till surgery.

stevidad
on 5/22/14 9:19 am

Today was day one for me.  I didn't mimd it.  I tried both vanilla  and chocolate and both were OK.  I added flavoring to them though.  Good luck - I have 20 more days.

Kfromak
on 5/22/14 11:22 am

I start tomorrow. Heading to costco to stock up on protein drinks this evening :)

feels_so_good
on 5/22/14 11:15 pm
VSG on 05/20/14

Good luck to all of you! I did 21 days. Not easy but follow your surgeons plan. I found broth soothing when I got hungry, otherwise stuck to protein shakes (some water/some milk) and a vitamin. Metamucil helped with my gas and some of the bathroom urgency.

5'10" Male : Consult Weight 428 1/16/14 : Pre-op m1 -3, m2 -12, m3 0, m4 -27 : SW 386 : m1 -25, m2 -22 m3 -15 4 -12: LW 278 CW 320 : Total Loss 108

grandma_tammy53
on 5/23/14 6:20 am

I'm on Day 7 of a 10 day liquid diet.  I agree with you, it's not that bad.  I stayed away from restaurants of course but I am still able to prepare dinner for my family without a problem.  What has helped me is what my NUT suggested and bought some sugar free pudding mixes and adding a little to my shakes.  I added butterscotch pudding to my chocolate and vanilla shakes and it was wonderful!  I actually look forward to drinking them.  I also bought some flavored broths other than chicken and beef such as mexican tortilla broth and it has a different taste and is spicy - yum!  That usually gets me thru the evening when I normally want to snack.  Hang in there!  I too walk away at work when people are eating their lunches and staying away from the doughnut table.  Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 181 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 476 views