Does this sound like low blood sugar?

hollyk79
on 6/12/14 9:07 am - NE ALBERTA, Canada
with

This has happened at least three times now in varying degrees. Each time I have been mowing the lawn. I get all shaky and almost feel like passing out. It's been warm out, but not excessively so. And today, I had eaten a couple ounces of roast beef about 20 minutes before I went out. The weird thing is that I don't ever feel like this while I work out in the mornings, which is almost always on an empty stomach. So if this isn't low blood sugar, any other idea what could be causing these feelings? It always goes away once I come back Inside, have a drink of water and a snack but I still feel ick and just kinda of tired/out of it.

Sleeved April 2 /14

5'8" tall HW 269.4 SW 251 CW 230.2

Goal?? 160 sounds good but who knows

Sandy M.
on 6/12/14 11:21 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Are you getting your liquids in? How far out from surgery are you?  Are you still taking a blood pressure medication?  

My guess (and I'm not a doctor) is dehydration or low blood pressure, or a combination of both.  But do see your doctor!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

hollyk79
on 6/12/14 2:36 pm - NE ALBERTA, Canada
with

I am about 2.5 months post op. I've never been on meds for blood pressure/diabetes or anything. Dehydration was my other thought. I do OK getting my fluids in but probably not enough. I googled though and the symptoms of dehydration seemed to be more like nausea/diarrhea, etc and I have never had any of that. 

Sleeved April 2 /14

5'8" tall HW 269.4 SW 251 CW 230.2

Goal?? 160 sounds good but who knows

Robbin
on 6/13/14 12:13 am - OK

I have experienced same kind of feelings since I had surgery. I have had people in my support groups that do also. I mentioned it to my doctor, had blood sugar test done with normal results, so his conclusion is a sensitivity to blood sugar levels. I have read about that on lapband forums before. The best thing I have found that works for me is 1 tbs almond butter on 45 cal slice of bread right before I walk 4 miles, mow etc. literally right before, like take the last bite with first step. If I walk first thing in the morning I don't feel it like I do in the afternoon. Strange adjustments come with weight loss I guess.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views