Never have I been so happy to have a protein shake

mollz007
on 7/21/14 1:35 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

Man, I learned from this trip that I am definitely a creature of habit. I always have been, but even more so since the surgery. I like to have the same foods every few days, and I get moody when I don't have them. I realize that a little planning could have helped, but this is me we are talking about. Anyway, I tried really hard to get my protein in while I was away. When I'm home, I usually do without a problem, but it was harder when I didn't have my favorite foods. There wasn't a blender where I was staying (and I didnt have my protein powder anyway) so I couldn't have my shakes (I could have bought some RTD ones at the store, but yuck!!) the stores didnt have my brand of greek yogurt, blah blah. It just threw me for a loop. I am just SUCH a picky eater, and the trip just threw me for a loop (not that I didnt have fun!) I know that with some planning this will go smoother next time, but man, traveling is not easy for a VSGer! Findingn something to eat at the airport? Forget it. Anywaym just a rant. I just never realized how stuck in my ways I am. Now I have my shake and my yogurt, so all is well again.

check out my blog!

Cheryl H.
on 7/21/14 10:01 pm - Crowley , TX
VSG on 07/24/14

I really appreciate the rant you posted!  Where as I am not a picky eater, it reminds me that I have to plan and keep my special foods available.  I ran into the same thing on this pre-op liquid diet too and I got so hungry!  

Good thing you were able to stick to your plan and eventually get what you needed!

Cheryl

Oh! BTW, I love your little AU Happy Feet guy!  I teach students with autism and anything with the puzzle on it, I really like!

Cheryl

bitchycrocker
on 7/22/14 2:23 am

Hi! I am SO right there with you!

I just got home from a week-long trip for work. I had my VSG done 6 weeks ago and I'm still on "soft" foods. Being out of town, staying in a hotel, and having a wacky schedule for a week made it nearly impossible to get all my protein in. I resorted to hoarding half-pints of milk and greek yogurt cups from the continental breakfast at the hotel, but it was a huge struggle. Next time, I'm going to have to plan better, bring protein powder and a shaker bottle with me. PS - iced lattes are my saving grace, if you're into coffee and can tolerate milk, that's usually my go-to when I'm on the go (airports always have a coffee shop).

Gwen M.
on 7/22/14 4:34 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Oh boy do I hear you.  Earlier in the month when I was at my parents' house I felt so out of whack!  It was so nice to be home and able to get my routines going again - both food related and otherwise.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views