At A Standstill

Wanda1118
on 9/9/14 11:13 am
VSG on 07/09/14

I have been at this stall for about 3 weeks now. I work out almost everyday at the gym. I don't know why the scale isn't moving..I am at my 2 months post surgery today and feeling very discouraged..I have lost a total of 50 pounds, but this was all done during my pre- op and right after having my surgery. I also throw up after almost every meal, and it seems most people I know who have had the sleeve done are having this problem also. Anyone else having any of these problems?

Gwen M.
on 9/9/14 11:25 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Have you talked to your surgeon about the vomiting?  That's pretty concerning.  It might be that you're eating too much, not chewing enough, or eating too fast - but it's something that you need to talk with your surgeon about.  It is NOT normal to throw up after almost every meal.  

As for the stall - they happen and they suck.  If I were in a stall for 3 weeks, I'd be tracking and measuring every single thing I put in my mouth to make sure that I hadn't let my calories creep up.  

What, exactly, does your diet look like?  What are you eating every day?  

Although 50 pounds in 2-3 months seems pretty freaking amazing.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

weese
on 9/9/14 11:13 pm
VSG on 02/26/14

I have stalls every now and then, once it was 4 weeks! Frustrating but when u look at the over all weight loss in a few short months compared to the last 20 years of my life it's nothing to b discouraged with.

I have only threw up once since having surgery, that was just from a response to abdominal cramps. U should call your doctor for sure.

Lisa

Surgery 2/26/14 with Dr. Stephen Marshall in Peoria, Il

Tracy D.
on 9/10/14 12:25 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Seriously?  Most people you know who've had this surgery throw up after every meal??  Because NOBODY that I know of who has had this surgery (and I know a lot) have had this problem.  

I would suggest you get yourself to your doctor ASAP because throwing up after every meal is a huge red flag that you may have a bigger problem than just being stalled out on your weight.   

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Slmixon56
on 9/10/14 3:29 am
It's been 3 months for me, I eat every 2 to 3 hours , I use a baby spoon so I make sure I eat slow. I haven't thrown up once. When I fill full I stop not one more bite. I have lost 53 lbs. feeling great
Wanda1118
on 9/11/14 8:47 am
VSG on 07/09/14

Thank You all so much for your support...I have an appt with my PCP on Monday (surgeon is on vacation) and I will see what he has to say about this throwing up and follow his advice as to what to do ie calling surgeon etc...hopefully it's just my body adjusting to having this surgery and it will end soon. In the meantime I am trying all the things you all suggested and what has worked for you...Again, thank you for your support.

Most Active