Bad choices

Arandles
on 1/13/15 11:34 am

So I have a confession.  I did very bad tonight and had some ice cream.  I have been doing sooo good and keeping track of all my food/calories/protein/etc.  I did good today...and then boom.  There was some ice cream and what did I do? Gave in to temptation.  Very disappointed in myself.  But joke is on me!  I am now SO sick!!! I guess I get dumping syndrome!!!! Felt like labor pains!!! Then the nausea hit.  Oh my... This is what I get!!! Every spoonful of sugary crap I ate is making my life miserable right now!!! It's so bad, I will NOT touch icecream again!!!! Sleevers beware! Just say no! You might pay the hard way!!  

mickeymantle
on 1/13/15 2:30 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

good now you will not do that again

dumping is rare with vsg but it happens , lucky it was no reactive hypoglycemia  that is much worse 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Grim_Traveller
on 1/13/15 5:39 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Sorry, but it's not dumping. You wouldn't be sitting there typing if it was.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

rocky513
on 1/13/15 9:09 pm - WI

I don't think it was dumping.  Cramping and diarrhea sound more like lactose intolerance.  Dumping feels like you are having a heart attack.  Your heart races, you sweat,  and some people will get diarrhea.  It happens within a few minutes of eating the sugary food.  VSG folks RARELY dump.  It's people with RNY that usually dump and only 30% of us have the problem.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

TheNewT
on 1/13/15 9:20 pm
VSG on 08/04/14

The website theworldaccordingtoeggface.com has some awesome milkshake and ice cream recipes that may work for you. I plan to make a milkshake this weekend that is supposed to remind me of the wonderful taste of the coconut and caramel girl scout cookie. See if you can find a recipe that interests you and try it out the next time your sweet tooth rears its head.

mmsmom
on 1/13/15 9:21 pm - Woburn, MA

Everyone will tell you you aren't dumping, but what else is it then??  It is not lactose intolerance - i have had the same as you and it is brought on by sugar or fat.  Bottom line, it's miserable and not worth it - that being said, about 7-8 months out maybe due to a Christmas Miracle ;) I was able to tolerate some sugar, but I still am very weary and would never, ever, take a chance outside of my home.  

VSG on 04/28/2014

hollykim
on 1/17/15 12:30 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 14, 2015 at 5:21 AM Pacific Time, mmsmom wrote:

Everyone will tell you you aren't dumping, but what else is it then??  It is not lactose intolerance - i have had the same as you and it is brought on by sugar or fat.  Bottom line, it's miserable and not worth it - that being said, about 7-8 months out maybe due to a Christmas Miracle ;) I was able to tolerate some sugar, but I still am very weary and would never, ever, take a chance outside of my home.  

it was too much sugar and fat hitting the intestines too soon. It is like dumping but is not technically dumping. Even folks who have not had WLS can have this effect from eating too much sugar and fat together. 

puffierus
on 1/14/15 12:22 am - PA

It doesn't matter what it was....it was just awful and hopefully you will remember that feeling the next time a craving comes around 

HW 268   SW219   CW 181.2 surgery date 10/31/2013

:<span class=

Tracy D.
on 1/14/15 1:07 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

If you can't resist the ice cream then don't bring it into the house...and set some boundaries and don't allow anyone else to bring it into the house either.  

Ice cream is a huge binge and trigger food for me.  I have no self-control around it (I've proven that over and over and over again for 50 years) so I can't have it in the house.  Period.  My family can eat it whenever they want as long as they don't bring it into the house and stick leftovers in my fridge.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Tina W.
on 1/14/15 5:26 pm - Pasadena, MD

That's easy to say but, IMO, kind of selfish when you don't live alone. I have 3 young kids, a husband and my mother all living with me. I am the one with a food addiction - not them. Why should they have to live by my strict rules because I cannot control myself? I really could care less about ice cream but love other types of sweets. For example, there is a bakery near me that makes donuts that I would do shameful things for. My mom loves them. My kids love them. Because I'm a fat girl with a self control problem should mean that my kids (who are stick figures, by the way) shouldn't have awesome donuts? No. I practice some self control and don't eat the donuts. And, when I have slipped and had one, or half of one, I regret it, feel like crap (physically) and I move on and make better choices the next day.

There's setting boundries and then there's being a tyrant. I am not the "Food police in charge of any and all foods allowed in the house".

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views