Finally coming together?!

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 10/15/15 6:42 am, edited 10/14/15 11:44 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

I was scheduled for VSG February 23rd - three days into my pre-op diet.. my mom got sick, really really sick

She had colon abscesses upon abscesses that wouldn't clear up, ended up with a colostomy,

went into renal failure, ended up on dialysis.

She was in a nursing home/rehab center for a few months,

complications of her ostomy resulted in a reversal her body wasn't ready for.

Life has been hectic and scary but this last month things have started to finally come together.

She's no longer on dialysis, she's home now ( although with open wounds that need daily care)

she's eating better and WANTED to go outside for the first time in months the other day..

for so long she just didn't care about or want anything.

My Bariatric center has been great.

I've been checking in monthly and they were able to put me in a holding pattern so I wouldn't have to do all the tests and classes again.

I see them again tomorrow and we're hopeful for a late June early July surgery date! :)

ipray
on 10/15/15 7:42 am
VSG on 11/06/14

So glad to hear that your mother is improving and that you are moving ahead with your plans! You have a wonderfull attitude and didn't let set backs change your ultimate goal. You should do great with the sleeve. Good luck to you and keep us posted on your journey.

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 10/15/15 10:00 am
VSG on 01/11/16

Thank you so much.. I plan to! :)

GoBlueGirl1998
on 10/15/15 9:12 am - MI

Yes, taking care of your Mother is important, but taking care of yourself is just as important! I can relate to you! I had surgery, my father passed away and I'm not my Mom's full times care taker! Thru it all I stuck to my eating and exercising plan and I have reclaimed my health and now I'm even a better caretaker for my Mom. Good luck to both you and your Mom!! You're a great daughter!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 10/15/15 10:03 am
VSG on 01/11/16

I realized a few months in I wasn't taking care of myself, it was easier to grab something at a fast food joint on the way home to check on my dad. I was too tired all the time to do anything productive but then I buckled down and have been doing better these past months.

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views