Quick Update...

Darcy G.
on 4/30/16 5:43 am
VSG on 04/07/16

Ran out of Flagyl two days ago, waited to make sure I knew what to tell the Dr. This morning I know. 

C.diff definitely rebounding, can't even take a breath without lots of sharp shocking pain in my left side and shoulder. Going to local hospital for fluids and to beg them to take over treatment of this with some vancomyacin(however that's spelled). Taking narcotic pain pill first because... Can't stand up straight even.

Last night I was so happy because my mashed potatoes went down so well... But I guess it was just C.diff fuel...

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

Darcy G.
on 4/30/16 5:48 am
VSG on 04/07/16

Meant to add the one semi-positive... Have lost 23 pounds since surgery on Apr7, but not sure if just not eating is the way to do that!

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

obioxiupa
on 4/30/16 7:39 pm

Darcy what do they do at the er?

Hope you are ok.

tara

Darcy G.
on 5/1/16 2:49 am
VSG on 04/07/16

Hi Tara,

They gave me UV fluids(approximate equivalent to 4cups), along with some different medicines. The anti-nausea med works far better buff knocks me out. My white cell count isn't elevated much now, so we're waiting to see and trying to keep me eating/drinking until then.

Yesterday, I actually ate about 6oz of mashed potatoes with equal parts gravy...over 3 meals... And started throwing the unjury chicken protein into the gravy before hand. So, I wake up, drink as much apple spiced tea as I can (16-24oz), then eat my protein potatoes, and soon fall asleep again. 

The IV fluids have helped massively. Really trying to stay ahead oif it noiw, and feeling pretty positive I can if the C.diff is actually over(praying for that!!!), but had my best eating day yesterday and even felt the need to go tinkle twice since, whereas I haven't felt the need once surgery, I always just went to see what happened.

Sorry iuf this post is squirrely, I type terribly in my tablet or Kindle...

obioxiupa
on 5/1/16 6:15 am

Darcy-

eating drinking and resting sounds positive. - I hope that trend continues today.

tara

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/30/16 8:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

That C.diff is awful!  I hope you can get rid of it soon.  I have a friend who was plagued with it after a hospital stay as well - Took a while but eventually he was cured.  

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

obioxiupa
on 4/30/16 11:52 am

Darcy-  prayers that they kick cdiff in the butt this time.

take care

tara

Ray R.
on 4/30/16 1:48 pm - Paterson, NJ

sending you lots' of positive vibes during this struggle!!!!! congrats on your accomplishments so far though!!!

seabexlose
on 4/30/16 2:02 pm
VSG on 04/12/16 with

C-diff is brutal.  Hoping they can get it under control so you can get your weight off in a bit more gentle manner ;-)  Take care of yourself!

luvmypuggies
on 4/30/16 8:05 pm

Good luck Darcy! I'm glad you're getting help quickly instead of waiting it out.  You've been just amazing throughout this whole mess - I just know you're going to do great with your sleeve once this darn c.diff goes away! :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views