How long before back to work at desk job?

Joshua H.
on 12/9/16 5:22 am
VSG on 10/26/16

I was off work for 18 days.  Sedentary desk job.  Originally thought I'd be back after 11, but starting about 5 days after my surgery I was absolutely gassed for a good week+ (see anesthesia haze above).  Even after returning to work, I still worked from home a couple times that first week.

rissa1224
on 12/9/16 7:28 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

I was out for 3 weeks. It takes me a while to heal. I was slow with moving around. I have 2 desk jobs. So I literally sit the majority of the day. I would still leave early because I was exhausted before a full day. I would go home and rest. Walking is a must too because it still helps move the air out but by then its mostly gone.

rachelp
on 12/9/16 8:39 am
VSG on 08/01/16

I had surgery on Monday and was back to work on the following Monday. I was perfectly fine.

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Donna L.
on 12/9/16 10:14 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I was back in a week but wish I had taken a month.  Just don't do what I did and have surgery then restart your 50 hour/week job and 30/hour clinical internship seven days later.  Nnnnot one of my brighter moments...

The truth is I think that it is helpful behaviorally to take extra time if you need it.  It helps the psychological adjustment.  I was on liquids and drug reps were carting Chipotle, Red Robin, Potbelly's, Panera's all past.  I have a desk job but I deal with constant life and death decisions.  It is high stress and I could not eat.  It was very mentally hard.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Rachel B.
on 12/9/16 11:55 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Three days after surgery, my mom and I drove 798 miles home without any discomfort.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 295 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views