Deep dark pits of...well you know

Melody P.
on 12/16/18 7:28 pm - Amarillo, TX

some may remember that i'm Bi-polar . Well almost 3 months ago exactly a med of mine was messed with by way of dosage. My old psychiatrist had left and they couldn't fix it until I saw a ne doctor a month later. Well the new doc upped the dosage and it didn't do a darn thing.

I had a leg injury happen. I went to the er and urgent care multiple time only to be brushed off. If I remember right it was around oct 23i**** happened. The only thing I know it's not? A blood clot and that's the only thing I know. I was told it was sciatica first. I had been treated for that before and I know it's not that. Then the er, just threw pain pills at me. Then it was a varicose vein...with out looking at my swollen leg. So I had to buy a compression sock that was thigh high. No help there.

i started CBT a bit back and i'm afraid it isn't going much of anywhere yet.

my depression has been rock bottom type stuff. Some days I barely eat some I make myself sick.

i started a new med last week and i'm Hoping it works.(rexulti)

not being able to exercise....the depression has really gotten to me. My leg still hurts, all be it not AS bad as it did at first. I let my treatment by others influence how I thought of and treated myself. I stopped tracking food and just slid into a pit of self pity and miserableness. I'm starting to see a bit of light.

joanne0658
on 12/17/18 8:46 am, edited 12/17/18 12:46 am

i don't post much but just wanted to say . . .my hope is your "bit of light" continues to grow and you're surrounded by renewed peace. yes, may read as corny but i'm sending sincerely. you're taking all the steps toward healing and that is simply amazing, given how you've been feeling.

Age: 60 | Height: 5'3.5 | Surgery Date: 07/24/15 | Starting Weight: 292 | Surgery Weight: 267 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 149 | WL so far: 143 lbs

Gwen M.
on 12/18/18 7:31 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm so sorry that you're going through this.

For your leg - have you tried going to an orthopedist instead? ER and urgent care aren't the best places to go for non-urgent issues.

I'm glad you're seeing a therapist, I hope that it does end up helping with time. I'm glad you're starting to see some light.

Life is hard - hang in there.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views