Spokane area??

Debguy
on 6/11/14 9:44 am

Just wondering if anyone is from the Spokane area??

gaylesnickers
on 6/17/14 2:57 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Hi, I'm from Elk about 30 miles north of Spokane.

Debguy
on 6/23/14 9:49 am

Hi! Just starting this journey as I just had surgery on the 5th. Love to hear stories about how things went for you at first. I'm almost three weeks out and really tired of liquids!

gaylesnickers
on 6/23/14 4:29 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Sorry I'm probably not much help as my surgery isn't schedules till July 1st. I feel your pain though as i have been on my liquid diet for a week as of tomorrow with another week to go. Aren't  you on puree yet?  Who did you have for a surgeon? My doctor starts his patients on puree at 14 days. For your sake i hope it's getting close. I am already tired of liquids i can only imagine how you must feel. Do you happen to attend the Rockwood Clinic support group at Deaconess? Hang in there it can't be to much longer till you get some real food. Congrats on making it  this far it should all be up hill now.

Debguy
on 6/24/14 11:59 am

I had surgery in post falls, Id. Went for my post op today and dr. Told me I could start purée and add solids in another week. Pretty excited about that. He said it was common for pts. not to get enough protein in at first. Sounds like I'm on track. Good luck, the 1st is coming soon!!

gaylesnickers
on 6/24/14 1:27 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

I'm glad you can finally have pur'ee , Isn't it funny that something that once did not sound so good can suddenly sound like the best thing ever?

Debguy
on 6/25/14 1:37 pm

It all tastes good too, although ate my cottage cheese too fast at lunch today and really had an issue with stomach pain for about 3 hrs.   I was at work and visiting with someone instead of paying attention to what I was doing. Learned a good lesson.  Hope all goes well for you on surgery day. 

gaylesnickers
on 6/25/14 3:13 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

I think we will all learn a few lessons the hard way as we try to determine what will work for our bodies. Thanks for the well wishes, it's creeping up that's for sure.

nikkilyne
on 7/6/14 7:16 pm

I am in spokane.

Beauty in all

kayakqueen1
on 8/21/14 5:55 am

Hi, I'm from Spokane.  I just went to my first informational meeting last night on WLS.  I'm still trying to figure out if this is right for me or not.  My husband is putting a lot of pressure on me to do it.  And I'm still on the fence (tho the fence is probably breaking down by my weight!).

Most Active