I received my insurance approval today.

AlwaysHungry
on 12/21/09 9:23 am - Sheboygan, WI
Not sure how I feel, I guess a  I have a litle anxiety.  I am not scared this is just such an awesome change. 
AlwaysHungry
on 12/22/09 12:38 pm, edited 12/22/09 6:50 pm - Sheboygan, WI
I have my appointment scheduled,  next Wednesday. Such a slow start but in the end here,everything is really moving fast.
Lois S.
on 12/22/09 8:49 pm - Neenah, WI
Congratulations! What an awesome Christmas present!  It will go fast, but try not to worry or stress. You're becoming more and more prepared for this so you'll be fine! You're in good hands! Write down any questions and concerns as you think of them so that you have everything together when you see Dr. Chua or the dietician next. That'll help with the anxiety and nothing will be a surprise!  Let me know if you need anything!  Happy holidays!
AlwaysHungry
on 12/23/09 7:11 am - Sheboygan, WI
Thank you, I appreciate that very much.  Today, I had my preop testing. Tomorrow, I meet with the dietician regarding my meal plan.  Monday, I have my physical, and Wednesday is the day... 

When I got to the hospital today, some of the anxiety left.  Everyone was very friendly and my coordinator has been very helpful.  

So the next chapter begins...  Next year, I plan to be playing in the men's hockey league this time of year.  I have been too out of shape in the past and it about killed me to skate. 

thank you again and  have a Merry Christmas and hopefully I will have an update by New Years day.
lmdowdy
on 12/29/09 12:03 pm
Congratulations!! Don't worry the anxiety is normal. It's like slow moving and then all of a sudden your surgery is scheduled and you're going into the hospital. I became a little anxious but was also very excited to be starting my journey back to the person I want to be. This week I finally jogged for 10 minutes on the treadmill. Something I hadn't done in almost 7 years. It is so worth it.
Good luck and let me know if I can help out. The first few days after surgery are a little dicey but you forget about that pretty quick.
Happy Holidays!
LMD
AlwaysHungry
on 12/29/09 12:34 pm - Sheboygan, WI
Thanks- looks like New Years with Dick Clark this year if he is he still doing the New years thing?
lmdowdy
on 12/30/09 12:59 pm
Yeah, Dick Clark is still doing the New years thing. LOL I think he just has a lil help. There will be a blue moon tomorrow night..that hasn't happened on New years eve since 1990 so enjoy!
Bea L.
on 12/30/09 4:20 pm
Dick Clark' Rocking  New Years with Ryan Seacrest
JaeOnasi
on 1/5/10 9:36 am - Kenosha, WI
Congrats!  The anxiety is totally normal.  Hope your surgery went very well.  The team at Sinai is just terrific.
I'm proud to be a Geeky Mom, and read about it here (clicky)!

AlwaysHungry
on 1/5/10 10:33 am - Sheboygan, WI
Actually, I was so high there I did not have much time to have anxiety.  I am feeling a lot better.  I am still a bit tender but overall I am feeling pretty good.  So far everything is going well.  Tonight, my wife and kids had turkey brats and some taco dip.  I had pureed V8 squash soup.  I tried some pureed canned salmon, kind of like a tuna sandwich type thing, I think it was a bit adventurous at this stage.  I keep changing up the protein shakes by adding a 1/2 of banana or a pinch on natural peanut butter. 

Oh yeah, I can't believe it but I am down almost 20lbs already!  It is strange to eat and actually be satified and not searching for something 20 minutes later.  I always wanted to be one of those people that could go and just have a side salad and be happy.

Thanks
Most Active