I'm approved

Cindya19
on 3/9/10 3:39 am - West Bend, WI
Received call from the nurse this morning, insurance approved my surgery.  Looking at April 19 or 20th.  Wanted to wait until after Easter (less questions to answer) and have to do the 10 - 14 day high protein liquid diet.   I AM SO EXCITED & nervous at the same time.  I had to share.
Nicki104
on 3/11/10 8:48 am - Portage, WI
CONGRATS and Good Luck!

Believe in YOU!            
janjan_58
on 3/15/10 4:01 am
I see that you're in Portage, and I live in the Madison area.  Which doctor are you going to?  How did you pick your doctor? 

Any advice you can offer would be helpful.  Thanks!
janjan_58
on 3/15/10 3:58 am
Good for you!!!!!

What kind of insurance do you have?  We have been battling with our current insurance company for almost a year now, and are on our second appeal, but things aren't looking promising.
Cindya19
on 3/15/10 4:09 am - West Bend, WI
I have UMR.  Bariatric surgery became a possible benefit 1/2009.  I watched several of my co-workers get approved and have the surgery before I decided to try & get approved.  I had to pick a surgeon that was in network. I started the process late Dec of 2009.  I wish the best for you. 
ekolpack
on 6/11/10 12:27 am - Edgar, WI
I also have UMR and was approved on the first request.  They required all the regular stuff, nutrition/exercise, physo visits, blood work, stuff like that.  But once everything was done, they didn't hold anything up.  Approval came fairly quickly.
Nicki104
on 3/15/10 5:32 am - Portage, WI

LOL -- that is a loaded question.  I origionally chose to go with UW bariatrics -- Dr. Gould and Dr. Garren because that is who my insurance covered.  Now my insurance has switched and I am fighting like a mad woman to still have my surgery at UW.  HOWEVER, I am actually attending the Surgical Seminar tonight at Dean/St. Marys -- so if my final appeal for UW is denied I can go to Dean.   So far, they both seem like wonderful programs however, Dean seems to have a quicker response time to phone call, questions, etc.
Good Luck!

Nicki

Believe in YOU!            
vw53
on 3/19/10 10:21 am - Oconto, WI
Hi there. I was just wondering what all you have to go through to get the surgery. I know you have to go through a lot to get the major surgery, but you do you have to go through all the same things for the lap band?
Nicki104
on 3/19/10 12:07 pm - Portage, WI
It seems like the prep work for band and RnY is the same or very similar. 
Nicki

Believe in YOU!            
Most Active