Does anyone even come here?

silli-jilli
on 10/5/10 5:09 am - WI
Wow, it's like a ghost town on this board. Does anyone even check it out anymore? I would love to hear from people that have recently had surgery or are planning to. It is so hard to find info about the drs. (specially in the Fox Valley area) on OH. Was hoping more people would be posting.

Guess maybe all the surgeries have gone well and they are all out living healthy lives?!?!?!! Hope so!
albesure
on 10/6/10 11:28 am - Milwaukee, WI
hi i have been comming to this site for about a month now and agree with you it seems like no one comes here. i hope to have my sugery in november by dr chue  in milwaukee. so far i have been reading up on everything i can so i can be prepared as much as i can when i have my surgery.
silli-jilli
on 10/8/10 3:00 am - WI
glad to see you here! I've heard good things on this site about Dr. Choua. I have already started the process with Midwest Bariatrics in Neenah, so I am going to stick with them. I had thought about going to Milw to Dr. Choua, but it is a further drive and want to be nearer to support groups afterwards. Good luck with getting the sugery in November! Keep in touch!
delaney7
on 2/16/11 2:34 am - WI
are you attending the support group meeting tonite at amc at 6pm I will be there and I love midwest they did mine as well as removed my gallbladder and now march 8th they are proforming the removal of my loose skin they are the best email me at [email protected] and let me know if you will be at the meeting

also anyone else going to be there also email me my first  time back in about a yr
Hi my name is Dawn and I am having the surgery in feb of 2008 and if anyone can give me any info or hints to help me out that would be great my email is [email protected]

thanks
dawn
silli-jilli
on 2/16/11 2:54 am - WI
Hi Dawne! I won't be there tonight, but am going to the Saturday meeting in Neenah and possibly next weeks meeting at AMC. Have fun!
Nic M
on 10/11/10 1:09 am
Hi Jilli!

Omro is my hometown! 

I can tell you which doctor to AVOID... Kemmerling in Green Bay. You may have seen his ads on TV... sounds like an extra from the movie "Fargo?"  I had the worst experience of my life with him. My botched lapband surgery almost killed me, actually.

If you have any questions or if I can help you with anything, please PM me.

Nicci

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

delaney7
on 2/16/11 2:39 am - WI
I had 2 friends that went to him and they both almost died since another dr had redo all his mistakes becase he does not lesson to when you say your in pain both him and his staff tell you that it is all up in your head, anyone of us on this here can do the type of surgery he does and w can do better so if you want to live and have it done right go to MWB in neeanh
delaney7
on 2/16/11 2:43 am - WI
Hi Nicci

I am so glad you did not die, email me at [email protected] so we can chat

thanks
Bobbie D.
on 10/11/10 5:12 am
Hi Jilli,

I agree that this board is pretty quiet.

I had Dr Kemmerling revise my VBG to RNY recently and couldn't be happier with him, or his staff so far.

Good luck to you :)

Bobbie

robinfrommilw
on 10/11/10 10:21 pm - WI
I love Dr Chua he did my rny July 28, 2009, hernia repair June 2010 and now he is taking out my gallbladder this Thursday Oct 14th my gallbladder is disease so needs to come out. One thing I can say he is thorough on finding out the problem. Several test which show nothing finally the last test show that my gallbladder was disease. Also blood work show my liver enzymes were high which was a red flag something was wrong. Same when I had my hernia never show up on the ct scan but when my pancreas enzymes were 4 times higher than normal it was a big red flag to Dr Chua so he admitted me and went in to explore and found my intensines on the other side of my body. Which was the hernia.
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

Most Active