RNY at Marshfield Clinic?

mom2kings
on 1/19/11 11:05 am
Anyone have WLS at Marshfield Clinic in Marshfield, WI or know someone who has?  What are you thoughts on the experience/surgeon?

Mom2Kings

mommalou
on 1/23/11 9:00 am - Wisconsin rapids, WI
I will be having mine at St Micheals in stevens point. I have a friend that had hers done at marshfield and she was thrilled with the results. She also attends a support group there and considers them all her new friends and leans on them with problems. Good luck.
Helen C.
on 1/25/11 3:56 am - Wisconsin Rapids, WI
I too am having my surgery at St. Michaels in Stevens Point with Dr. Selwyn. I will be having the DS.

He is a great surgeon. He did my emergency gallbladder surgery in 2008.

mommalou
on 1/26/11 1:33 am - Wisconsin rapids, WI
I don't have a date yet but hoping for the end of march..I have an appt with him on Feb 15 and with the pysch the same day.  Good luck with your surgery.  What city do you live in?
Helen C.
on 1/26/11 4:48 am - Wisconsin Rapids, WI
I live in Plover. So not far from the hospital at all.

I have found that their office moves pretty quick. I will suggest that you ask them to run your pre-op blood work as soon as possible that way if one of your vitamin levels is low you have time to supplement and get it up before your surgery. Mine was not run until later and they ended up having to postpone my surgery. I was originally suppose to have mine today and it had to be pushed bac****il Feb 16th.

mommalou
on 1/26/11 10:59 pm - Wisconsin rapids, WI
Thanks for the advice..I live in wisconsin rapids. I will try to take my vitamins daily..I don't want anything to postpone my surgery. How did you chose the DS over other surgeries?
CindyLyn
on 6/23/11 1:45 pm - Evadale, TX
If you use Stanley Hahn please tell him his patients from Texas don't appreciate him taking our medical records to WI with him and holding them hostage!!  LOL   I've been trying for over a year to get my records from him.

Revision from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve.  August 16, 2011

Helen C.
on 1/27/11 11:13 am - Wisconsin Rapids, WI
I chose the DS because of the research I did for myself showed that it had the highest amount of weight loss and best rates for maintaing the weight loss. This was because of my very high starting weight/BMI.

I just felt/feel like it is my best bet at reaching as normal a weight as I possibly can. Being that I started out at 440lbs when I first started my pre-op dietician appointments.

It was definitely not an easy quick decision by any means.

Most Active