Hello everyone!

Thumbelina
on 12/27/11 7:35 am - MI
I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan... I had my WLS surgery done in Neenah Wi at Theda Clark Medical Center.. My Dr was Dr Raymond Georgen.. Anyone else have their WLS surgery by the same Dr?
gonersmom
on 12/28/11 6:00 am
HI!! Unfortunately this WI board is pretty quiet. I check it out pretty often to meet 'locals' from WI, and UP. You may find you'll meet more of your Dr's pts. if you post in the RNY forum. I've met quite a few people with your Dr. from my area, altho I chose someone else for my VSG.

How have you done so far? Hope you'll stick around on this forum. It would be nice to have a WI group for support. Best wishes in this journey!

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
Thumbelina
on 12/29/11 3:59 am - MI
 I'm doing great! My surgery was Aug 23,2010 . I was 218 pds and I'm now down to 135 pds and still losing! I had a tummy tuck that Dr Georgen did on Nov 29,2011.. I am so happy that I found Dr Georgen! He is wonderful! 
gonersmom
on 12/30/11 5:21 am
Congrats on your success!  Don't know if I will ever get up the nerve to do plastics after seeing some of the photos people have posted on OH, but even if I'm floppy it's way better than being fluffy!  LOL

I still have 60lbs to lose, so I won't worry about that until I get closer to goal. 

I hope you have had a great holiday season.  I had bladder resuspension surgery on 12.21.11 so I have a few more weeks of 'vacation'.....I sure am enjoying the time off.  Hoping next week to really start working out again.....I've lost too much muscle mass due to the 6 weeks or so that I hadn't been feeling well/restricted weight lifting.  So onto the eliptical I shall leap next week.....this weekend is couch potato time!  YAY!!  My jobs are somewhat physical, so I better get my butt in gear soon tho!

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
Thumbelina
on 12/30/11 12:05 pm - MI
 The tummy tuck was very painful.. So far I think it looks ok.. I see the Dr on Wed.. I'm still preety sore and very tight.. I walk 3 miles a day.. I really enjoy it.. 
gonersmom
on 12/31/11 12:10 am
Good for you on the 3 miles a day! I'm working on it....with the surgery last week (and feeling yucky prior) I've had 6 weeks of lazy in which I can tell I've lost tone in my legs, butt and arms.  Starting Monday, back on the elliptical. I hate the cold so walking outside isn't on my list of priorities this time of the year.    But in the summer walking/biking are awesome!

May I ask, where in MI are you?  Husband was from the Niles/St. Joe area in the LP and my favorite place in the world is Copper Island area in the UP.  We are just about middle of nowhere in WI, equidistant from Green Bay/Appleton, Madison, and Stevens Point....small town of Wautoma.  Altho I do spend a lot of time now in Manitowoc area as my middle son just moved there for his job.  Just spent the past 2 days here helping him find an apartment. 

Happy New Year!  

Thumbelina
on 1/3/12 6:07 am - MI
I don't like the cold either.. but I bundle up and go.. I live in Iron Mountain MI.. About 100 miles north of Green Bay WI..
Most Active