Sleeve with Dr. Regan of Milwaukee?

blondediva88
on 5/17/12 1:51 am - Milwaukee, WI
DS on 08/28/12
Has anyone had Dr. Regan as their surgeoun for a Sleeve Gastrectomy?

I am thinking about going to him but I am concerned because he has only done about 15 VSG. He does seem to have a lot of experience with RNY though... I'm not sure how different these 2 surgerys are in terms of the technical aspects.... If he's good at RNY would he be good at VSG or are these totally different?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thumbelina
on 5/17/12 1:33 pm - MI
 This is only MY opinion..If he has only done 15 VSG I would NOT let him touch me..There are plenty of other surgeons with a lot of experience..Dr Georgen did my RYN and three other surgeries..I honestly think he is the BEST.The RNY is totally different from the VSG.. Does he have seminars? I would suggest you go..
Nic M
on 6/16/12 1:44 am
I would never let an inexperienced surgeon operate on me again. I learned my lesson the hard way, being one of Kemmerling's first banding patients.  He had done numerous RnYs... or so he claimed anyway. (I don't believe anything he says about anything.)  I came out of lapband surgery all screwed up.

I'd choose a surgeon who has much experience so there is a lesser chance of complications. This is one area where you really, really want someone who has experience. It's your life, after all.

Good luck!

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

BROOKE H.
on 7/30/12 3:26 am - WI
Dr. Regan did my sleeve 1/16/12 and I am right on track as far as I can see. I havent had any complications, issues, vomiting, anything. I wasnt aware that he had only done 15 VSG, where did you get this number from? I would say to attend the support groups they have there every other week and maybe talk to more Sleevers. I have NO complaints and would let him do it again! Also, if you do a search on him, you will see only positive reviews!

Surgery Date: January 16, 2012
Highest weight: 367 Surgery weight: 360  Current weight:248
Total lost = 119

blondediva88
on 7/30/12 3:56 am - Milwaukee, WI
DS on 08/28/12
I asked the nurse when I was first deciding on a surgeon.

I have actually decided on someone else, but I'm glad to hear everything went well for you!
Tri_harder
on 10/11/12 12:59 am, edited 11/10/14 6:48 am
Most Active