RL Peer Support Group

LisaHackett
on 6/29/03 3:27 am - Kenosha, WI
Hello! My name is Lisa Konen and I love in Kenosha. I had Open RnY surgery in June of 1999 in Newport News, VA. I moved here in the summer of 2000 and miss the support group I had back in VA. Recently, I was talking with a friend who just had surgery 4 months ago and she said she would love to be a part of a supoort group, too. We can learn a lot from each other, bring in speakers, etc. It really does help in this journey we are all on. Is there anyone else out there in the Kenosha/Racine area that would be interested in joining/starting this group with us? My friend can set it up so the meetings are at Gateway in Kenosha. If you would like to join us, please email me at [email protected] for more information. Thank you! Lisa
Dee R.
on 7/6/03 10:24 am - Kenosha, WI
Hi Lisa, I am Denise and I live in Kenosha too. There is a support group in Racine at All Saints. I am going to have the sugery this month (fingers crossed) and I have been to one of the meetings and they are wonderful. Dr. Lesage is my Dr. and his nurse Pam coordinates the meetings (third thurs of the month at 5:30) Her number is 687-5874. I don't mind starting a group here either. I have a friend who just got the surgery in APril and I was going to take her to the meeting. YOu can email me at [email protected]
Most Active