My insurance doesnt cover WLS

minerswife
on 2/11/09 2:24 am - Wharncliffe, WV
I am interested in learning more about Dr Nease, they called yesterday and told me to call my insurance and see if the procedure is covered, well no type of WLS is covered under our plan. We have Anthem BCBS. So what now?? I called the lady back at Dr. Neases office and left her a message telling her that it wasnt covered, but I havent heard back from her now.

Cira S.
on 2/12/09 2:57 am - Charles Town , WV
I am so sorry to hear that your insurance does not cover WLS.   I hope the dr's office calls you back soon and offer some type of advice to you.
I pray that everything works out for you soon. Please keep us posted.

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

LoserInWV
on 2/13/09 4:48 am
I'm so sorry your insurance doesn't cover WLS, did the Drs office tell you that or your insurance?  I don't mean to be nosey but I know it was hard to get a straight answer from my insurance people BCBs Federal, my dr however knew even better than the nurses in his office I guess where he submits the final papers.  I hope it works out for you, Good Luck
M S.
on 2/13/09 11:04 pm - Nitro, WV
Hello,
Dr. Nease's office does have you call your insurance and check if it is covered before they do anything. If it is covered then you have to match the criteria. Sorry your insurance doesn't cover it. Jackie at the Dr.'s office will call you back within two days. She is a very busy person, right now the office is not booking appts until April they are so busy. The only other possibility if your insurance doesn't pay is private pay. There is companies that will do financing for this surgery, if that is an option for you. I had Highmark BCBS. I also heard that some of the companies have put in their insurance policies not to cover wls. If that is the case you could go to the HR and see if they might make exceptions. Don't give up right away, try all options before you do that. It is well worth the fight.
Melinda

Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2004 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4710 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6312 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5638 views