Where is everyone? Please come and share

Cira S.
on 2/10/09 8:53 pm - Charles Town , WV
some friendly weight loss friendly recipes with everyone. I would to hear from you all.

Here is one was given to me:

Chicken tortilla wraps

requires:
1lb bonless skinless chicken breast
1 cup salsa
8oz sour cream (I used 0% greek yogurt instead)
1 small green pepper
1 med tomato
1/2 a med red onion
1 packet Taco seasoning mix
6 low carb tortillas ( I use the WRAP-ITZ low carb tortillas and they have like 5 grams of protein!!)
3/4 cup to 1 cup shredded lowfat mexican chesse

Preheat oven to 350. Dice chicken into small cubes and brown. Mix with the taco seasoning. Dice green pepper, tomato, and onion, set aside. Mix 1/2 cup of salsa with the 8oz of sour cream (I only used 6oz since I used a container of greek yogurt). Coat a baking dish with cooking spray. Take each tortilla and coat the inside of the tortilla with the sour cream/salsa mixture. Fill with taco seasoned chicken and veggies. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat for each tortilla. Once they are all rolled up and lined in the baking dish cover with the other 1/2 cup salsa. Bake for 15 mins. After that take it out and sprinkle cheese over top and bake for an additional 5 minutes. YUMMO!! and healthy!

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

M S.
on 2/10/09 11:56 pm - Nitro, WV
Hi Cira,

Recipes are a good idea. Eggface always has good ones that are pouch friendly.
I will start looking for ones and maybe we can start posting recipes on here.

Have a great day.
Melinda

Cira S.
on 2/12/09 6:01 am - Charles Town , WV
Hi Melinda,

Yes Eggface has wonderful recipes. I used to frequent the main board but I got tired of the hostility and people being means to some people. So I don't visit the main board anymore. It would be great to have this board gets more active. I have been trying all my best to get people to participate.  So if you want to share any recipes please do so even if it is eggface's recipes too. 
This recipe I posted is actually pouch friendly. I tried it and I was fine and a few friends of mine too.

Thanks for the response.
Have a wonderful evening.

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

WVpaob
on 2/11/09 5:11 am
Hi, girls!!  Thanks for the recipe, Cira.  That is one I will definitely print off and try.
Well, I had my followup appointment with the psych today.  She said I'm "normal" and good to go for the surgery (lap-band) as far as she's concerned.  Yea!!  I just have to finish out this month at the gym then, hopefully on March 2 will be ready to send paperwork to insurance for final approval.  By the way, I spoke with Joy, who was at the gym.  She is looking fantastic!!  She had RNY on 11/3 and has lost over 50 pounds so far.  One final thing ... I checked the support group topics at the Doctor's office today.  The March meeting (3/3) will be with Dr. Shin who will answer questions.  Enjoy your day!! - Pat
Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2004 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4710 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6312 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5638 views