Just Needing to Vent....

WVU_Fan
on 2/23/09 1:06 am, edited 2/23/09 1:08 am
I met with my surgeon on 12/16/08. I followed that with a psych eval on 01/05/09 and a meeting with the nutritionist on 01/16/09. I called my contact person at the surgeon's last Tuesday to see how the process with the insurance company was going. I spoke with my contact there and she said she would call me back. Of course, I never heard from her.

I just got off the phone with the surgeon's office (I called her) and she informed me that my insurance company told her that she had faxed all my stuff to the wrong number and they never recieved it.

So, now I'm back to ground zero in my waiting game when I thought my documentation was sent in over a month ago.

I'm a little disheartened but I know that this kind of thing makes us stronger and it will make me more appreciative when I'm finally approved.

The lesson that I've learned and that I hope all of you that are waiting on approval will take from this....Keep in contact with your surgeon's office.

Thanks for letting me vent!
WVpaob
on 2/23/09 4:00 am
Jim - So sorry for the mixup.  Makes you wonder *****ceived the lost fax!  I complete my 3-month pre-op this week and have my appointment on Monday.  I am in hopes that everything will then be forwarded to insurance for final approval.  Thanks for the warning.  You might go ahead and call your insurance company tomorrow  to be sure they received it.  Best of luck! - Pat
readytostartnew
on 2/23/09 4:52 am - berkeley springs, WV
Sometimes venting makes all the difference in the world.  I was lucky and didn't have to deal with all of that.  My surgeons office took care of everything.  I hope everything gets better for you.
Lisa
Cira S.
on 2/23/09 1:00 pm - Charles Town , WV
Oh man I am sorry that happened.  Hopefully they will push for a quick approval. Stay on top of them and call everyday if you have to.  Call your insurance everyday too to make sure they received the papers.
Vent anytime we are here for you.

Wishign you a fast approval.  Post as soon as you get word.

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2004 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4710 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6312 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5638 views