Surgery Date: 3/23/2009

Diana Blackburn
on 2/23/09 11:52 am
Well, I finally got my Date and I must say I am on the countdown to a whole new way of life. 28 more days. I am excited and also reluctant. Reluctant to believe it is actually going to happen. I have tried to get this done several years now and now I am down to 28 days.
It has been since 1981 which was the birth of my last child since I have seen numbers below 200 and I honestly cannot remember what life felt like to feel good not only about yourself but about your physical well being.
I know that this is going to be a life altering change but I am ready for the change. My mother is being supportive, my dad, brother, childen and my hubby. However, they are not heavy and they do not understand what emotions are going thru me right now, nor do they understand how it feels to feel "fat". I  have always tried to hide the emotion of caring by displaying that I feel fine or that the extra weight does not bother me .... deep inside .... shameful. Shameful that I allowed myself to get to this position to where now I have to have surgical intervention b/c God knows I have tried everything to get the weight off. Nothing works. At least not for me.
Anyhow, I will have to post more later, Thanks to everyone who has had this before me and for the words of encouragement that you portray on this site. God Bless You.
Cira S.
on 2/23/09 1:10 pm - Charles Town , WV
Woooo hoooo Diane Congratulations on your Re-birth date!
I remember getting my date and feeling like it was surreal and I couldn't believe that finally it was my turn to have the surgery. 
I know what you mean about having friends or family that do not understand what you are going through. I have been there and when I found OH it was a life saver for me because these are the people that understood everything I was going through.  I came here often for support and friendship.  I am very active in the Maryland board. I used to live there before we purchased a house in WV.  I made sure to go to support meetings and meet with other OH members. It is important to establish that so that you can know people that can relate with you.  One thing to be thankful for is that your family is supportive and I am sure they will do everythign in there power to be there for you.

Take care and take these next 27 days to prepare for your life altering experience. it will be the best ride that you have ever taken in your life.

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2003 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4709 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6311 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5638 views