moved to wv

hermance67
on 7/6/09 9:46 am - chatham, NY
i finally moved to fairmont wv last week from upstate new york.  i am still job hunting (awaiting news from uhc in clarksburg).  the kids are slowly adjusting - i just need for them to meet some people so they will feel better about moving.  i figure i will start with the local church down the block and go from there.

i am wondering if there are any support groups in this area. 

have a good day.

angie
Cira S.
on 7/6/09 1:16 pm - Charles Town , WV
Hi Angie,

Welcome to WV.. I am too far to know anything near your area. But I wanted you to welcome you and wish you all the best.

I am originally from NY. Moved to MD in 1998 and then moved to the eastern panhandle of WV last June. 
I love it over here and the kids adjusted nicely.  I did visit the local church and the neighbors were friendly enough too.  Once school starts it will make it easier for your kids since they will meet so many kids at school.

Good Luck with finding a job.

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

LaChelle R.
on 7/10/09 10:51 pm - Erie, PA
 Hello. I too, am getting ready to move to WV.......Chester area.  I am excited and looking forward to the move. I live in Indiana now, so the change is exciting!  If there are any support groups in the area, I would like to know too.  Thanks!
At Goal! 165 pounds gone forever! Thank you Lord!

You only have one life to live, but if lived right, it's the only one you need!
Robert T.
on 7/20/09 11:10 pm - Terra Alta, WV
Well, welcome to WV. YOU will find it's the most wonderful State :) Lots to do, I am sure you will find a great spport group, because I feel that will really help me after I have my surgery sometime in August.  Take care, and good luck on the move, and WTG on weight lose :)

Rob
Robert T.
on 7/20/09 11:12 pm - Terra Alta, WV
There is a wonderful Group of people at WVU/Ruby Memoral ,here is their number, please just Ask for Annie. :) they are wonderful.

304-293-8577
Baby_Fat_812
on 7/28/09 8:47 am
Welcome to Fairmont, WV.. You'll find that the people here are more than helpful.. (well, I pray they are, I mean, we're supposed to be  ("The Friendly City")

There is a support group in Morgantown, WV.  Every third Thursday 6:00 pm at behind the Eye Center.  I'm sorry, I'm not sure the exact name. If you want, we can meet somewhere and you can follow me.  

Just had surgery on the 21st of July, and am hoping to make it there.

Take care..God Bless.

Debbie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2004 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4710 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6312 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5638 views