NEED HELP PLEASE, I DON'T WANT TO GIVE UP

Robert T.
on 7/17/09 11:01 am - Terra Alta, WV
I have now been sick for a week, and my Nurse Pract just thinks it might be the flu, or something else,  but she never rain any test. I need a new doctor.

I have gained 16 pounds in three weeks, she told me to day it was fluid in my body, but done nothing about it, with my fluid pill. :( she told me it was because I am fat, and my stomach is resting on the top part of my legs, so the fluid can't come back from my feet to my kidneys, so put my legs up very high, and rest it there for a while.

I have been watching my diet, doing well not lose staying the same. :( I don't know what to do any more, seems like my surgery is so far away, while I feel that I am dieing inside my own body right now.  Not able to move all that good, without my legs, knees, feet, and back hurt so very much, because of the weight. My Nurse Pract will not give me anything for pain, so it's hard for me even to get out and walk on the road to try to lose weight, I had a hip replacement in Sept 2007, and it hurts really bad, but she will not give me anything, just tells me do deal with it, it's part of being big, and fat.

Please if anyone reads this, please tell me how to help my self, tell me how to keep living, at this point I am giving up, and feel that nothing right is going to happen.

Until next time take care and best of luck in your diet/weigth lose surgery.

Rob
WVpaob
on 7/17/09 11:54 pm
Rob - You mention in your blog that you have great faith in your surgeon.  Have you spoken with him or any of his staff for help?  Is the Nurse Pract part of his staff?  It sounds like you're scheduled for surgery soon and surely they would want to ensure that you are well enough for surgery and would take quick steps to help you.  - Pat
Robert T.
on 7/18/09 12:29 am - Terra Alta, WV

Pat thank you for replying, My Nurse Prat is not part of my surgeon's staff thank god. I will call them on Monday and let them know, what is going on.  Mabye he can call me in a antibiotic to get over this stuff, and to release the fluid that I have, I have been so down since my visit yesterday, when she told me that nothing can be done, because I am so fat, that it's holding on to everything in my body. :(

WVpaob
on 7/18/09 7:55 am
Rob - I agree that you need to get a different doctor.  You don't need to have someone with so little empathy or understanding to be your nurse practioner - or doctor.  Once you have your surgery you'll need someone who can work along with you on that.  I'm glad you're calling your surgeon's office on Monday.  Your blog sounds like you're scheduled for surgery soon.  They won't do surgery if you are not medically up to it.  They will help you get thru this, Rob.  You're embarking on a very important phase of your life.  Adjusting to your surgery and your new life will require having people in your life who can support and encourage you along the way.  I'd seriously consider whether that Nurse Practioner should be a part of it.  What is best for YOU??  Take care, Rob, and let us know what the doctor's office says Monday.  Hugs, Pat
Robert T.
on 7/18/09 8:11 am - Terra Alta, WV
Thank you so very much for all your input in how things are going with me. I have a loving supportive family and wife, they know it's going to be a long hard road in a way, until I get to where I need to be, they are willing to love, and support me.  My Surgeon, Dr. Ehab Akkary at WVU is great, I trust him and love this groups, I love there support team, they are just over all wonderful people.

I am after my last diet sheet that is needed, moving to a Doctor, not a Nurse Pract, that I have already spoken too, and he has a couple of people already that has had the surgery, and he said they are doing great.

My Nurse Pract, has a way about her, that comes across as not caring, but in a way she is.  I know sometimes her words can be hurtful, and I take it to heart. But, I need a Doctor that is going to understand how things work during my recovery. 

Thank you again Pat for your replys, they are up most lifting to me.

Rob
[email protected]
r_trip551
on 7/26/09 4:14 am, edited 7/26/09 4:19 am
Rob, I know how you feel, believe me, at 499lbs I know the feeling of the feet and legs, the knee and hip pain so bad you can't walk, swelling so much you cant wear shoes or socks,sit or even sleep and some knott head telling you to get out and exercise, your just too fat, if you loose the weight you wouldn't have these problems. Most of them never were more than 20 lbs over weight in their lives and eat more than you or I put together. Does any of this sound familiar? Jjust wanted to let you know that you are not alone, someone else out here gets it, I've heard that all my life, just scoot back from your plate sooner and you won't be sooo fat. I am trying to get approved for wls and I can't  wait.

I want to address your nurse practitioner, don't you dare take up for her, if she told you you are just too fat she is incesitive and rude, she may care about your health...maybe....or not... but she does not care about you, your feelings,  you are right to see another care provider, and if this one is not any better, well roll on down the line to anoter and so on till you find the right match.
Sorry, didn't mean to go off or ramble, I'll go now.

Good Luck.
Just another guy whoes too fat

Roger
Cira S.
on 7/18/09 12:02 pm - Charles Town , WV
Hello Rob,

Please do not give up!!! You are so close to having your surgery. You need all your strength to get through this hurdle.  I am sorry your nurse pract is not empathetic to your situation.  I know that laying back to raise your legs at the level of your heart would be very hard for you since you have trouble breathing.  ((((hugs)))))  I hope you do call your surgeon on Monday. Stay on top of everything and DO NOT give up!!!

Pat has given you great advice and I agree totally with her. 

You take care and I hope you get some relief soon.  One thing that would help is to drink fluids to help those fluids move out of your body.

Stay in touch and keep us posted as to when you will be having surgery.

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

Robert T.
on 7/18/09 11:06 pm - Terra Alta, WV
Thank you so very much, I am feeling better and I am drinking about 8 bottles of water a day, to help flush out the old, bring in the new :) and it seems to be working.  I love ya, for the wonderful help you have given me, sometimes I have to vent, been sick now going on 9 days, with this stuff, but feeling a lot better today, Thanks again and I will keep everyone posted just as soon as I get a date. :)

HUGS,

Rob

Cira S.
on 7/19/09 2:42 am - Charles Town , WV

Good afternoon Rob,

I am so happy that you are feeling better.  That surely makes my heart smile today. I was so worried for you.  Please vent away anytime. I am here for you.  Please continue to drink the fluids stay away from sodium (salt) it will really help you. 

I can't wait to hear when you get your date.

Just holler when you need a shoulder to lean on or an ear to bend.

Big hugs to you my friend.

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

Robert T.
on 7/19/09 2:50 am - Terra Alta, WV
My dear friend:

Thank you for all the very nice things you have to say, and the wisdom that you give me, to keep going. I am wondering how are you doing after having your surgery? these few years later?

Rob
Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2010 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4716 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6318 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5645 views