Looking for people that have the Gastric Sleeve done in WV

Robert T.
on 7/21/09 7:03 am - Terra Alta, WV
I would like to meet people in WV that have had the Gastric Sleeve done, this is the surgery that I am having in August, and I would like to know how people were and are doing now having this type of surgery done.

Thanks

Rob
idgett
on 7/27/09 10:54 am - WV
Well Rob...I am from West Virginia, but now live in Texas and had the sleeve done 5 months ago. Does that count? I grew up in Raleigh County...I miss it terribly, but I just can't seem to make the move back, there isn't a lot of work there in my husbands field...believe me, if there were...we would be there; he fell in love with the state the first time I took him there 16 years ago.
I love my sleeve! My starting BMI was 47 and just 5 months later I am down 85 lbs and my BMI is 34. I have 34 lbs to go to meet my surgeons goal, and 44 to meet mine.
I had absolutely no problem with the surgery, and was back at work in less than a week.
Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Have you been the the VSG forum? It is located under the surgical forum on the forum pull down.
Good luck with your surgery.
Idgett
 Let me tell you how much I love my sleeve...

Start:: 291+/ SW:282 Current/173 Surgeon's goal/ 175 My goal: 165 I'm 5'6"  

My true goal is whatever weight gets me in a size 10      
Robert T.
on 7/27/09 10:47 pm - Terra Alta, WV
Thank you for the information, and I wish you the best of luck. I know when I move from WV (which as been a lot) I always find my self back in WV.  I am glad that the sleeve had done great things for you, along with your hard work.  I know you will meet your goal, and just keep moving forward. :)

Thanks
Rob
idgett
on 7/27/09 11:58 pm - WV

Thank you Rob...you will do great as well...before you know it you will be posing your success and meeting goals
Idgett

br549
on 9/19/09 10:01 pm - Coal City, WV
Hi-jack. I live in Raleigh County,near Beckley.

I use to work at Sundial. See ya on the vsg board.

Steve
idgett
on 9/19/09 10:23 pm - WV
Sundial is where I grew up.I left there when the mine was still Armco #10, I grew up in the big white house down in the bottom... the last one on the right headed to Beckley, with the huge yard. Where in the area do you live now?

~Janis ~
on 7/30/09 7:08 am
Rob,

Hi!  I haven't had surgery but I began my research over two years ago.  I've been able to lose weight without surgery so it is on a back burner for now.

I read on the VSG forum frequently but haven't seen you posting there, do you ever visit? 

Good luck with your upcoming surgery!

Jan
Robert T.
on 7/30/09 7:44 am - Terra Alta, WV
Jan:

Thank you so very much, and wtg on losing the weight on your own.  I try and do, but then the next month it's back.  But, trying harder is my answer for me. I just need to keep watching what I eat and drinking a lot of water.

I hope you have a great night,

Rob
Jung
on 8/3/09 2:15 am - Charleston, WV
I am pursuing the sleeve-expect to have it in the next month or so.  Drop me a line if you have any questions, I might do the same to you.  I have researched the sleeve thoroughly and feel it would be crazy to choose any other procedure.  Good luck- who's your M.D.?
Robert T.
on 8/3/09 3:31 am - Terra Alta, WV
My Dr. is Dr. Akkary at WVU. he is great I have his personal emails, his cell phone number, in case I have questions, or anything before and after surgery. We are hoping it will be this month, and I am looking forward to the new me.

I wish you well, and I hope that all goes well for you.

Please stay in touch

Rob
Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2004 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4710 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6312 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5638 views