Looking for people that have the Gastric Sleeve done in WV

Keiths_gal
on 8/6/09 6:33 am - Bluefield, WV
Hi Rob

My name is Karen and I live in Bluefield WV.  I had the vertical sleeve surgery on 2/10/09.  I have lost 145.5 lbs (44 was pre-op wt loss).  This was the greatest thing I have every done for my health.  My only problem was that I was constantly nauseous, but I have read that people with every kind of gastric surgery can experience this.  I had to have my gall bladder taken out this week.  This surgery has been harder than my sleeve surgery.  If I didn't lose another pound, I would do it all again.  My surgeon is Daniel Stickler in Charleston.  He is such a great doctor, his office staff is horrible.  But he (with God's divine help) saved my life.  I pray you have much success - you will not regret your decision if you go with the sleeve.  In my opinon, I am as a was before, I just can't eat as much.  It is just the tool I needed to stop me from overeating and give me time to develop a new and different lifestyle.  It has truly been a miracle for me!

Karen B

pre-VSG wt lost 44 lbs
post-VSG wt lost 110.5 lbs
154.5 lbs lost as of 04/12/2010
Robert T.
on 8/6/09 8:00 am - Terra Alta, WV
Thank you Karen, I hope all goes well with you.  I am looking forward to the weight loss, and I know it's not going to be an easy road, but I must do it.

Please stay in touch, and keep up the good work.

Rob
TanyaMuncy
on 8/7/09 2:55 pm
I am Tanya from Roderfield, WV I recently had the sleeve on July 31. I am doing great. I am so excited to start this journey. I had to go back to the Dr. a week after surgery to have the drains and staples removed (that was a piece of cake).  And down 7 1/2 pounds. I am happy to say that I have had no problems. I am doing very well. Dr. Stickler is a great Dr. I am so gald I choose him for my doctor. His staff is great too. Tiffany is a sweethart. I called or email her everyday it seems to check the status with her of the approval for the surgery. I thank God for the chance to start a new life.  good  luck to you and if you have any questions let me know. God bless!
Robert T.
on 8/7/09 11:08 pm - Terra Alta, WV
Tanya

WTG on the new weigt loss, I know you will do well, and keep up the good work. I am looking forward to having mine, when it's approved they sent my letter out to the insurance yesterday (Friday 7, of Augest) so I am hoping to hear something with in the next two weeks.

Thank you for the information and once again good luck with the weight loss.

Rob
Cira S.
on 9/24/09 1:29 pm - Charles Town , WV
Hi Rob,

Have you gotten a date yet for your surgery?  I hope you are doing well.

Keep me posted ok.

Cira 

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2015 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4718 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6321 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5648 views