help

tl_morgan
on 5/18/08 3:14 pm - riverton, WY
I am from R, WY and I have had weight loss for 3 years now.  Weight loss surgery that is.  The roux en y.  I am 15 pounds or so from weight goal but I feel that I am out of control. I may still eat small amount but I feel that I am not stopping eating.  I eat more then I use too and I am not gaining weight but I am not losing weight.  i know I need help some where so I do not know who to talk to or what to do. I have our group here but I am just kind of lost so I thought I might hit someone else outside of our group and see if there are people in yours or something that is willing to help or share food menu ideas or something.  I am getting unhappy and depressed sometimes I guess.  But I want to lose this 15 pounds before I have plastic surgery.  I am anemic right now so they don't want me going to the gym at the moment so I am just kind of off.  I stay at home and watch kids so that is part of my factor I eat, and then I want to go eat again.   I know that my body could live without it but I my mind, mouth or something keep thinking I need too.   So help please if you can.   laurie
knh771
on 5/21/08 3:02 am - WY
If you are having trouble with depression you might consider visiting with a therapist, especially if you can find one that has experience with WLS patients.  If your weight is stable, your food intake might be OK.  Are you still keeping a food journal?  You might consider taking that to your nut for some feedback. If you're looking for some WLS appropriate recipes, there are a couple of cookbooks I like: Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery is one.  Any of the cookbooks with the American Diabetes Association logo on the spine will also be good.  The "Eating Clean" cookbook by Tosca Reno is another good one.  It's designed for weight lifters, but the recipes have the sugar content listed and they are pretty healthy recipes. A couple of websites with recipes for WLS are the Chef Dave website and http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com.   BariatricEating.com also has WLS recipes on the site. Feel free to PM me if you like.
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. - Unknown

298/272/162/1??
highest/surgery/current/
goal

tl_morgan
on 5/21/08 3:24 pm - riverton, WY
Thanks I will have to look into it.  I own every cookbook you can think of but they are not always great lol....anyways I will have to see about the WLS counseling stuff. thanks
dridlen
on 5/25/08 12:20 pm - gillette, WY
First off congratulations for being 15 pounds from goal that is awesome! I really don't have much advice as I am only 2 months out however a book that I live by right now is Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. It has helped me a lot. I am currently rereading the chapter on emotional eating as that is where i am struggling. Plus I looked up tons of stuff on the internet on emotional eating, I am telling you, lol, I am struggling with that. I wish you luck, keep searching until you find what you need. You have come such a long way you will get past this bump in the road.  Hugs,  Dottie
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
236 (highest)/228 (at surgery)/136.8(currently)

vbee
on 5/30/08 4:21 am - Cody, WY
wow! congrats on being so close to goal!!!!  I understand what it is like to plateau!  I've been at a plateau for the last several months.  I'm almost 2 years out and Dr. Lewis was also my surgeon.  I thought I was probably pushing too many carbs, but I exercise a LOT!  To get me off my plateau and back on track I used the 5-day pouch test.  It starts out with 1 day of the 5 stages after surgery and really helps get a person's metabolism up and jump started again.  If you'd like the link I can send it to you or Donna has it at the center.  It's okay to eat, just make healthy choices!  My granddaughters have been living with me and they decided they liked my snacks better than theirs!  Its better for them, lots a protein and there is nothing better!  Several small meals a day will take care of the cravings and remember to drink drink drink to keep you full.  Remember, healthy choices make for a happy heart!
Vera B
Cody, WY
LAPRNY 7/31/06 
tl_morgan
on 5/31/08 4:19 pm - riverton, WY
Thanks I bought some protein drinks and I am goin to start doing those too
frankielarkey
on 6/17/08 5:42 am - Riverton, WY
Hi Laurie, I too am from Riverton, though, I had my surgery in Denver. I'm only 51 days out. I've lost 42 pounds. I am in the process of coming off of my anti-depressants. I am feeling much better as far as the inner me. Are you taking any vitamins or calcium citrate or anything like that? I have noticed that if I skip my vitamins etc. that I get really OVERLY hungry, or at least my mind thinks I am LOL!! I don't attend the group here in Riverton, I don't know why, but I just don't. I know that it is available though. I also won't go to Fremont Counseling... (Big Waste of money) Or at least the last time I checked it out it was.  I might suggest Wyoming Counseling, it's on the corner @ the 4 way stop of N. 8th W. and Sunset. They did my husbands alcohol evaluation, and they were right on the money. I haven't tried them personally, but just from the one experience I did have with them, they seem pretty with it. They take all kinds of insurance, even Title 19 or what ever it's called these days. If you need someone to just go and have some Ice tea with, give me a holler. I don't mind kids lol. I personally am going to start going to the swimming pool now that it's opened back up. The hours are from 6am to 8pm, and closed from 9am to 12pm and 5:30pm to 6:30 Monday thru Thursdays they are open Saturday and Sunday from Noon to 6pm. You can email me @ [email protected] Thanks and always keep your chin up girl!!
                              ~~Frankie~~ 

~~ To Thine Own Self Be True~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Wyoming!!
wyo_sarah · 3 replies · 5111 views
Little Bites
pinklowrider · 0 replies · 5706 views
February 20, 2013
pinklowrider · 2 replies · 6249 views
Good Morning Wyoming
pinklowrider · 0 replies · 5629 views