Hello All!

Lianne C.
on 3/11/12 12:04 pm - Garden City, MI
It looks like I will be joining this board soon as I m going to be moving to AL. next month. I was just wondering if anyone has a bariatric surgeon that they see in the Birmingham area that they would recommend for followup care. I called my surgeons office and they did not know of anyone to refer me to. thanks in advance

Lianne
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Leslie M.
on 3/12/12 2:39 am - AL
Welcome to the AL board!  I moved to AL almost 2 yrs ago and love it.  I am close to Montgomery and am not familiar with the surgeons.

Leslie
Kim S.
on 3/12/12 6:12 am - Helena, AL
Welcome!  I adore my surgeon.........Rex Sherer at Cahaba Valley Surgical

http://www.cahabavalleysurgical.com/location.html

gina828
on 4/9/12 7:11 am - Prattville, AL
what made you choose Sherer over Clements?
Kim S.
on 4/10/12 5:42 am - Helena, AL
 I knew several people that used him and I have several friends in the medical community that highly recommended him

gina828
on 4/10/12 6:14 am - Prattville, AL
I'm torn.  I really like the idea of being at UAB (just due to their reputation).  I have gotten info/packets from both docs.
I just don't know who to choose.
Kim S.
on 4/10/12 8:39 am - Helena, AL
Why don't you meet with them and see how you "mesh"?  I'll bet one will stand out.-whomever you have the best rapport with will be a good fit.

Louise A.
on 3/12/12 12:56 pm - Anniston, AL

Lianne I would recommend Dr.  Andrew DeWitt  in Birmingham.  He has an office over at Princeton Hospital.  Very good doctor.  If you will google him he has an 800 # that you can call and talk with his staff. 

Lianne C.
on 3/13/12 10:17 am - Garden City, MI
Thank you so much! I will look into them. I think that Birmingham is closer to where I will be, but I can consult with both.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
kam0520
on 3/15/12 11:18 am - AL
Dr Dewitt did my surgery and he is just the sweetest man you have ever met, a big ole teddy bear!  But, Dr Sherer removed my gallbladder and a tumor on my chest, so I have a special place in my heart for him too!  They're both EXCELLENT surgeons and I would highly recommend either.  Dr Dewitt also sees patients at Gardendale 2 days a week.  
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Most Active