Good General Practitioner in San Antonio

adamjgb
on 7/29/15 6:54 am

I'm hoping some people from my area can provide some information or recommendations on who a good general practitioner doctor in the San Antonio area. I have been through quite a few and none of them seemed to be aware of my need to have certain blood work done for vitamin levels, etc... As a RNY patient, I feel sometimes my B levels are off or other levels and the last few doctors have not been any help or want to attribute my symptoms to something else and give me a new type of drug. I'm just looking for someone who knows the types of post-surgery issues that come up.

Kathy S.
on 7/29/15 12:04 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi adamjgb,

You will find this can be a challenge.  We post ops find we have to educate ourselves and those that are caring for us. To this date I have had to educate all my PCP's.  Give your surgeon's office a call and see if they have any names of PCP's they work with.  Also call local hospitals and ask if anyone in their Bariatric Department can help.

Here is the list of blood work I give my PCP and ask for her to run. Using VitaLady's lab list has worked well for me.  I also, have dexa scans done for bone loss issues.

docs.google.com/Doc

Good Luck

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

adamjgb
on 8/1/15 1:53 pm

Thank you so much, Kathy! I appreciate the information and will give my surgeon a call first thing on Monday! I also saved that list of blood work. Again, thank you for your response. Have a great weekend!

Most Active