Drinking Our Calories

Manhattanite
on 11/15/23 7:12 am

I purchased a healthy appearing kale based green juice drink at Starbucks this morning- then read the label .

37 carbs ! As opposed to a zero fat light n fit yogurt - 90 calories, 19 carbs and 3 grams protein.

I could eat two yogurts for the same "cost " as that ( pretty nasty tasting) drink and I'm getting actual tasty FOOD lol .

I do notice that many of the calorie counts for Starbucks type coffee ( and other) drinks are shockingly huge .

Kinda like drinking a milkshake - a real slider food.

The folks that frequent Starbucks aren't a bunch of lightweights either on average.

Grim_Traveller
on 11/16/23 3:10 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Seems awfully judgy.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Manhattanite
on 11/18/23 8:22 am

My husband was addicted to Starbucks extra strong coffee /espresso shot drinks.

Just read the calorie counts of the various offerings if they post them in your state .... Mostly four hundred range but often with extras can be 900 !

To me, that's a meal....

Gina 21 Years Out
on 11/22/23 12:31 am - Burleson, TX

I am glad you read the info. Some people never DO, and never realize why their weight has slowed down- or even started coming up

Keep sharing your helpful information! I never would have drunk the green stuff, in the first stuff, but some people would!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Ccecejac
on 11/28/23 3:23 am
Mini Gastric Bypass on 02/06/20

Hi Manhattanite,

It is always import to read the Nutritional Facts or Labels of all food and drinks before you ingest these food or beverages. People should count their calories they ingest daily to be sure they burn the calories out which is called(energy expenditure). What happens to lots of people they ingest more calories a day than they burn off. What happens to the extra calories get stored in their adipose as (stored fat) this where weight gain begins. The Energy we ingest (food) actually are calories. If you not trying to burn those calories after eating food, eventually weight gain will occur.

Saturated Fats stay a way from. Try focusing on eating food with unsaturated Fats that is healthier for you. Food with high sodium, sugar contents not healthy for you. Cook your food with Virgin Oil better for you than butter.. Your calories should be counted in all foods you ingest and beverages you drink daily. Calories you can burn off during the end of the day by exercising, walking, or riding a bike to burn off the calories from the food you have eaten. If not, it will be store as fat. Energy cannot be destroy or made.

Count the calories in the food and beverages you ingest on a daily basis it is important!!!!

Best regards,

HillgroveCS
on 12/20/23 12:38 am
On November 28, 2023 at 11:23 AM Pacific Time, Ccecejac wrote:

Hi Manhattanite,

It is always import to read the Nutritional Facts or Labels of all food and drinks before you ingest these food or beverages. People should count their calories they ingest daily to be sure they burn the calories out which is called(energy expenditure). What happens to lots of people they ingest more calories a day than they burn off. What happens to the extra calories get stored in their adipose as (stored fat) this where weight gain begins. The Energy we ingest (food) actually are calories. If you not trying to burn those calories after eating food, eventually weight gain will occur.

Saturated Fats stay a way from. Try focusing on eating food with unsaturated Fats that is healthier for you. Food with high sodium, sugar contents not healthy for you. Cook your food with Virgin Oil better for you than butter.. Your calories should be counted in all foods you ingest and beverages you drink daily. Calories you can burn off during the end of the day by exercising, walking, or riding a bike to burn off the calories from the food you have eaten. If not, it will be store as fat. Energy cannot be destroy or made.

Count the calories in the food and beverages you ingest on a daily basis it is important!!!!

Best regards,

Thanks! Very good tips!

Most Active