Only regret...

Dirk M.
on 7/14/04 8:18 am - Atlanta, GA
That I didn't get it down a year sooner.
Lynn G.
on 7/19/04 1:11 pm - Branford, FL
I'll join that club with you ....
suzy J.
on 7/21/04 3:41 am - lincoln, NE
Did all go well?
Lynn G.
on 7/21/04 11:58 am - Branford, FL
Yes, everything went fine AFTER i got home. dont get me wrong, I had A great nurse during my stay. IT was a guy and I never had to ask for anything, he always was on time with it. however, I had the nurse tech from hell. She pinned my nose tube to my shirt and it pulled out...OUCHIE!!!!!!!! i had her removed from the floor that night....had an alergic reaction to demerol. basically thats it. today i am over 2 months out and I am down 42 lbs. Lynn
Gus H.
on 7/25/04 1:57 am - La Puente, CA
Hey how's it going? So how are you doing/feeling these days? What made you decide to get banded vs RNY?
Dirk M.
on 7/25/04 2:08 am - Atlanta, GA
Hello Gus, thanks for the response... Actually it is going good so far.. I am just about to hit my 7 week banded and my weight loss is 56 pounds... I don't think you can ask for much better with any other WLS I could of had... Energy I would say is up 120%, I actually hit a milestone the other day of walking a mile... I work on landscapping / architecture stuff daily... And will be hitting the gym September 1st when the new place opens... Basically, my profile is very long and details my whole story so far if you would like to read it... Why did I choose band against RNY... Four Reasons.... 1 - about 100% less abrassive surgery... The soreness, down time, the chance of something happening on the surgery table etc is minimized a ton... Since I was completely scared of any surgery (being a virgin to the surgery table) I did not want to take any extra steps something could happen. 2 - I wanted to keep my internal organs just how they are... I didn't want to lose anything from my body, or change anything inside my body.. With the band, all it is, is a little restriction to slow down eating... Also, if something would ever happen, I could easily get it taken out... where as RNY is for life, and people have to deal with any problems that occur with it.... 3 - Funny enough, I do like exercising and since the band is a tool that works with healthy eating and exercise, I knew I would be successful... Why I hadn't exercise like I should of before the band, the weight had gotten so high that it was just way to much on my knees anymore... 4 - Unlike RNY where you suppose to lose just about everything in the first 4-6 months, Lapband full success is in about 2 years... This would give my body time to get back to a normal size etc... The chances of flabby skin all over is less minimized as I exercise and drink plenty of water....
Born Swimmer
on 4/14/05 4:42 pm - Sunny, FL
I agree with you on every reason for choosing the band over RNY. Those were my reasons exactly! I am pre-op, so I can't wait until I can run again, swim again, lift weights, tae kwan do again, you name it! How are things going right now for you? Alyssa
Anita P.
on 9/13/04 12:28 pm - San Juan Capistrano, CA
Great Post! Great Story! I really could relate to your reasoning for choosing the Band over the other options. Anita
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 883 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8479 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9043 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11019 views