I REGRET IT BIG TIME!

RobinSweet
on 8/18/05 3:29 am - Long Beach, CA
I prayed extensively before getting this done and felt that since God "approved" it I would be fine. WEll I had the surgery 4 mos ago and have only lost 16 lousy lbs and am sick a lot! I hate this! Oh, well. I rarely post but felt like venting. No one will probably respond but I've said it.
onlychele
on 8/18/05 5:02 am - Cedar Springs, MI
i haven't had my surgery yet. I am still researching but planning to have the lapband. I feel for you though. That would be my fear. What have the doctor's said? I hope it is just temporary. You are in my thoughts. Michele
rockingrobin
on 8/18/05 7:32 am - Dallas, GA
DEAR ROBIN I JUST WANTED TO SAY I HAVE NOT BEEN THROUGH WHAT YOU HAVE BUT MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU GIRL.
Kathy P.
on 8/19/05 1:40 am - Junction City, KS
Oh poor Robin! I feel so bad for you! I understand though. I am only 2 weeks out and have only lost 8 lbs so far. I have been sick and weak and tired and sore the whole time. I know I needed to do this because I remember what life was like before and I need to lose weight to help take the pressure off of my weight bearing joints(I have severe arthritis in my spine). I am worried that I will be one of those who don't lose much weight and I will have suffered all of this for nothing! See Robin? You are not alone! There are others out there feeling the same way! Try drinking more water and eating more protein. I know that is my problem, it is so hard to get all that protein and water in each day! They claim that if you don't lose enough it is because you are not eating enough protein! Weird huh? Good luck to you! I hope your journey gets easier!!! Kathy
RobinSweet
on 8/29/05 4:35 am - Long Beach, CA
Hi Kathy, I don't know if I ever responded to you. Thanks for taking the time to reply and share your experiences. I hope things speed up for you. I wouldn't want you to be in my boat. Well, I went to the doctor and an upper-GI showed that I have a stricture. My pouch is about 4 cm and it should be 10 cm. I have to go in for them to put some type of scope down my throat and widen it. They've got to knock me out. I still say I should have lost more but they gave me some song and dance about my body going into "starvation mode" for lack of a better term. Not eating enough and my body is being stubborn. I'm trying to improve on my water. I drank 64 oz easily before the surgery -now it's about 1/2 that. I'm doing the protein thing, but it's getting pretty hard trying to make the suff taster better. I had been drinking chocolate mixed with banana and then this wkend I go mixed berry and added strawberries, yogurt, etc and it's still gross. Well, I've written you a book. I'll go now. Take care!
Nancy Degenmeister
on 9/20/05 7:34 pm - Bergen County, NJ
I'm sorry you're having such a rough time...your frustration is very understandable. Have you tried Unjury protein drinks? I found that they were by far (IMO) the most palatable...no grit or texture, and a nice flavor...not too sweet, just right...unjury.com is where they can be ordered and you can order samples first so you don't have to commit to cannisters of something you might not like. My fave was the chocolate but the vanilla is good too. Maybe worth trying because those shakes need to not be gross...and I'm really picky about shakes...don't like the overly thick/gritty/chalky/nasty ones and can't/won't force myself to drink something like that. I hope your issues get resolved soon for you...I know strictures are not pleasant to deal with. Nancy
iowedad2
on 8/19/05 5:26 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/07/04 with
Robin, I had Open RNY 7/7/04 - its been just over a year for me. I will be honest, I don't have any regrets. Sure there are side effects that I would prefer to live without but it helped me loose 115lbs - that I couldn't do by myself before. You are still really early in your surgery and I'm sure you've heard this before but it will get better! This surgery is different for everyone and I do hope you get the results that you are looking for. I hope you feel better soon. Thanks Jaime
HAZEL_EYES
on 8/19/05 9:49 am - Potsdam, NY
ROBIN, SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU REGRET HAVING YOUR SURGERY. HAVE YOU SPOKEN TO YOUR SURGEON ? R U DOING EVERYTHING CORRECTLY?? PLEASE LET ME KNOW. HOPE U FEEL BETTER!!! EBONY
Mary F.
on 8/19/05 9:33 pm - Braintree, MA
Dear Robin: I'm so sorry to hear you're having problems. I read the other replies so I won't repeat the suggestions. Just want you to know I was listening and this is a great place to vent! Hang in there. Mary
LYNNM
on 8/20/05 4:05 am - MIAMI, FL
Robin "Sweet" Robin, I agree about increasing your water and protein intake. But you are probably already doing that. Is it the correct protein? Have you gone to WWW.VITALADY.COM? Go to her Q&A Section for a lot of info. Or email her, she's been through it all and could maybe help you. What does your surgeon say about the small amount of weight loss? I am having my surgery on Wed. 8/24/05 and am doing alot of praying also. I have a ton of weight to lose and I too am worried about the outcome of all of this. Best of luck to you and keep us informed. And keep the faith, remember, everything that happens to us is for the good, to those who love the Lord. Lynn M. Miami, FL.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 883 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8479 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9043 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11019 views