Felt like I was crazy.....

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/10 8:43 am
I am new to the Arthritis Forum,

I had RNY surgery almost a year ago and have been very successful.  Over the past 7 months I have noticed certain things happening to my body.  First a toe joint, then knee pain after joining the gym, then hip pain on just the right side then over this past 4th of July I was on vacation and my right arm froze up with the worst pain.  All down my arm and into my hands.  Had an MR and said it was bersitis and tendonitis.  It cleared up.  Then the other shoulder last week did the same thing, then a couple of fingers started to swell on different hands and now my arms are so weak along with the muscles down my arms.  Starting all over again.....??

I went to my Rheum. and he took some blood.  The tests came back pretty bad.  Looks like RA,  The CCP Antibodies test 2x what it should be and the RA Factor was way high.  My dr put me on steroids to relieve some of the discomfort while my labs were being taken.  I HAVE HAD NOOO RELIEF as of yet. 

Could this be the start of RA?  I am really scared.  I go back to see the doctor is a little over a week.  This is a pain that my pain meds are not touching.  I hope to get some relief soon. 

I will continue to read the forum and get educated on this.  I don't want to jump to any conclusions and don't want to freak out.   But I did get some foods off the list of what to eat and I will eleminate the foods that may hurt me. 

Educating myself is all I can do right now,

Thank you for listening,
Linda
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/10 12:09 pm
Well it is RA.  Agressive stage.  Sooooo  educating myself on how I can get my protein in is going to be a challange.  Any suggestions out there??  I hear no more milk.....or beef....processed foods and artificial sweetners. 

Totally bummed.....
happydsr
on 9/2/10 2:21 pm
(deactivated member)
on 9/11/10 4:22 am
Hi there,

I have been searching the net and articles on food allergies and RA.  It is overwhelming to say the least.  The inflammation is awful.  I am willing to try anything at this point, eleminating triggers.  Every joint in my body is effected right now.  Yikes.....I am stubborn with my coffee though.  I put my protein powder and hot chocolate in it and I have a Mocha coffee and it is so good.  I will give my coffee up last....  lol
Julissita
on 2/5/11 7:29 am - houston, TX
 Wel I have RA and after RNY I gave up sodas- which eat your bone anyway so no loss. I do use splenda and no complaints. I am having flareups a lot less frequently than before RNY and its more controllable. I add protein to my water and I use Mootopia from HEB which has a lot less sugar. If you cant get that see what other milk options you have in your area. Kroger and Walmart have other options you have to look them up. Meat is very limited for me since surgery so I try to eat turkey, tuna, chicken, pork. I also was using Humira for quite some time. I just thought that with the weight loss it would magically go away. Well, no magic here so I have been on a few other meds- no luck so I will probably go back to Humira. Good luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 101 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2336 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3542 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4807 views