weather is killing me :(

janice A.
on 11/1/10 10:21 pm - san angelo, TX
Hi, I have OS in the hips and Siatica. With this weather cooling down i am in so much pain. What do u do to help relive some of this pain wiethout adding more medication? I cant even gauge the meds because of this weather. Doc lowered my dose of Lyrica and man my muscles hurt so much. He has me on 60mgs of Cymbalta , 25mgs of lyrica, i take muscle relaxers at night and pain meds in the day. I am always tired so loosing weight its a joke. My gastro doc wants me to have  a revision to help me but i am afraid.
Nyone with advice ? pls help oh also i hve a muscle stimulator i use frequently for my back and leg muscles.

thanks in advance

Janice

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

battlyn
on 11/22/10 3:04 pm - NY
Talk to your doctor about a lidocain patch, that was the last thing the doctor had given me for my back and knees it helped with out making me feel sleepy all the time.
Hot showers provide a temporary relief they are for pain control so you can stay in them until the heat gets deep into the muscles.  We use to use them for labor pain even and they would work well for that.
I use to go to bed with warm rice socks also - they stay warm for hours with less risk of burning you ( as long as you do not heat them to hot in the microwave before taking them to bed) . If it is to hot to lay on your skin let it cool off before use. Take a long tube sock fill about 1/2 full of plain rice, tie a knot or sew open end closed, heat in microwave till warm between 1 to 3 minutes depending on the amount of rice and how cold it starts out being. It can be reheated many many times so you can keep it a long time.  You can place it under the covers to "preheat" the bed before you get in ( esp by my feet), then drape it over the parts that ache where warmth feels good after you get in bed.  I have also seen these made with buckwheat or with a favorite herb mixed in. I use to have at least three of them when I went to bed in my old house ( my bedroom is much warmer now).
janice A.
on 11/22/10 6:47 pm - san angelo, TX
Thank you as a matter of fact i have one of these a friend gave me :) .. thanks

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

AliciaDDG
on 1/8/11 2:26 am
I know what you mean about the weather and the pain. My knees, ankles, elbows, and hip are killing me. I know some is hereditary, but I also know I did a lot of damage myself carrying around a lot of weight for many years. I use to be on Lyrica for fibro. It caused weight gain too and I could not tell a huge difference when taking it. I continue to take flexiril at night. I take meds for migraines too. What do people on here take for the arth pain? I take liquid gel cap ibro from time to time and tylenol from time to time. tyl doesn't really do anything for  me though.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 100 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2335 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3542 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4806 views