knee surgery if u could pass 1 wrd of advise

CeciliaM
on 2/27/11 11:12 pm - Newark, DE
i am to have knee replacement surgery.

if you could finish this statement. .
if i had known then what i know now about knee replacement surgery, i . . . . . . . . . . . .

please let me know. 

many thanks

CeciliaM
10cm band
72JDB
on 3/15/11 9:15 am
would definetly do it again.Had both replaced 5 yrs. ago and it wasnt as bad as i had anticipated.

Jeff
Jill P.
on 4/6/11 12:18 am - United Kingdom

Has it stopped the pain Jeff & has it altered your mobility at all?
Regards...Jill

jdruski
on 4/10/11 5:15 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Jeff

I am planning on having my first total knee rep. late this year and hopefullly the second right after.  I am not afraid of pain as both of my knees are bone on bone and walking is extremely difficult for me now.  I am frightened by the rehab.  I have never been an active person and I am scared I won't be able to keep up in rehab.  I had pneumonia this past year and during a period that I was free from the drainage machine I went to rehab to watch what was going on.  But I couldn't really get any idea because of what the people were in there for wasn't knee or joint replacement.

Can you give me a clue.  I know that you are a guy and guys are usually much better at this then women.  Which hurt worse?  The knee or the weight loss surgery.  How painful was the rehab and how long did you have to go.  Did you have to stay at a rehab facility or did you do rehab out patient.

Thanks for any info that you can give to me.

Jeanne
Jill P.
on 4/6/11 12:15 am - United Kingdom
I had a partial replacement 9 yrs ago & it didn't really stop the pain & made my balance quite unstable. Now I'm having much worse pain & its pretty much worn out again, so now I'm waiting for a full replacement, so I'll be interested in any reply's too!
I hope it goes well for you....I'm on the waiting list so it will probably be a while for me.  When is yours?

72JDB
on 4/6/11 2:13 am
Both of mine were totalknee replacements.Before the surgery the pain was constant and i couldnt sleep at night.But after the rehab (which is critical) i am pain free and i am very happy i had it done. If i hadnt had the surgery I would be on disability by now and I am 48 years old. My father had both of his replaced 2 years ago at 72 years old. He had same results
and is very mobile/pain free now.

Good Luck,

Jeff
Jill P.
on 4/6/11 3:37 am - United Kingdom
Thank you Jeff, thats good to know!!
Cheers...Jill
thin1soon
on 1/8/12 1:19 pm
What did you take to make the swelling go down, since we're not supposed to take NSAIDS,  or did your surgeon let you take those?  I had the sleeve WLS 3 years ago, and my doc says I can't take them.  The swelling from knee replacement surgery scares me really bad.
thin1soon  TN

Pre-surgery weight 11/6/08-253
Post surgery (12 wks.) 2/3/09-185
68 pounds lost

Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 101 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2337 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3542 views