Exercise Videos?

jkhawk8
on 3/4/11 8:00 am - Alexandria, KY
The advanced arthritis in my lower spine and knees makes it too painful to walk for exercise, and I don't have the money to spend on a recumbent bike.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a good aerobic, seated workout?  I know there are some "Sit and Be Fit" videos out there, but I was wondering if anyone has tried them?

Thanks,
Jan

Tracey W.
on 3/8/11 2:26 pm, edited 3/8/11 2:27 pm
I have 2 or 3 of them. I LOVE them!!! I could actually break a sweat doing it. It was great physically and mentally. They let you progress at your own pace. Definately try it. I also have a seated yoga dvd. LOVE that too!!

Good luck and health,
Tracey
Trying to build a better life, one good choice at a time.  
"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain."-Ruby Gettinger        
BeachVol
on 12/17/11 11:50 am - FL
Dr. Paul Lam has developed a form of Tai Chi for arthritis. His DVDs can be ordered online but I don't recall the website. I'm sure you could find it with a Google search.

The videos show how the movements can be adapted to a seated workout. I attended a workshop with Dr. Lam when he was in the U.S. and several people were modifying to the seated moves. For me, Tai Chi has been the only form of exercise that really improves how I feel. I do other stuff such as cycling for weight loss, but the Tai Chi for arthritis actually feels good. It keeps me walking and upright and that's a good thing!

Check with your local arthritis foundation as many of them are now endorsing Dr. Lam's program. He is a physician who developed early onset arthritis, and as a Tai Chi master, he developed this program for fellow sufferers. He is a remarkable and wonderful person -- truly an inspiration.

Another program that has developed excellent exercise programs for both seniors and those of us with debilitating conditions is Body Recall. They are located in Berea, Kentucky and I know they have an exercise program that features seated moves. I do not know if they offer the program on video. It's worth looking them up online though, as there may be something similar in your area.

DD

HW 227

SW 220

GW 150

CW 145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 100 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2335 views
Butrans patch