My effin back!

Mary V.
on 10/15/11 11:05 am
RNY on 04/26/11 with
Hi everyone,

Have a question I have been terrified to ask because I am scared to know the answer. I have been working hard at my weight loss, eating right, exercise, doing p.t.. Then I got this awful pain in my back on the right side like someone was stabbing me through my shoulder blade. I saw my physical therapist and told her, and also spoke with the main medical office where she is. They both suggested that if it bothered me that much to go to the E.R.. So i did. I thought here goes my gallbladder or muscle strain or something. I was told I have spinal compression and compression fractures in some of my vertebrae. I have had arthritis in my spine for 25 years but never any fractures. This is new to me in the last month. I get to see the orthopedist on the 24th which isn't bloody soon enough. I hate the narcotics but don't mind the lidocaine patches as they get nice and warm. Any one else get spontaneous fractures post op? I am about 5.5 months out. I take calcium, D, B12, multi, and iron.

Thanks for listening,

Mary

Laugh out loud...it does a body good   
kenpeace
on 12/17/11 9:58 am
I also have back pain when trying to sleep due to arthritis of the spine.
anna R.
on 1/13/12 6:57 am
 I'm having similar problems, everyone here is suggesting a neurologist/neurosurgeon rather than orthopedic. You may want to explore that possibility. Especially if your dealing with compression. Here is a great web site:  http://www.spine-health.com/

Anna

Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 100 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2335 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3542 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4806 views