Humira is my miracle drug for RA

nasta
on 11/7/04 3:26 am - Lantana, FL
Just wanted to post for anyone suffering from RA. My hubby gives me an injection every other week of Humira and I also get Methodextrate once a week. It is amazing what this coctail has done for me. A year ago I was totally immobile and at 36 it was devastating. Once I was put on Humira my health immproved dramaticly in two weeks and after one year of this combination I can say that I am 90% of what I was before the RA hit me. PLease ask your doctor about it since to me it has been a god sent. It is amazing how we take our mobility for granted, but it is great when we get it back. We are so lucky to live in todys age when there is help fo RA unlike some time ago when there was no option but snakes oil. ttfn Sari
sweetpea1965
on 11/22/04 8:16 am - Denver, IN
Hi Sari, I appreciate your post. I am going to ask my rheumatologists about making some changes. My flares are becoming more and more frequent and are lasting longer. I'm on Methotrexate and Hydroclorium (sp?). Have you been on other RA med's before Humira? Also, did you go off your RA meds before surgery? Thanks, Daniele
mspisces
on 11/30/04 12:15 pm - Somewhere, AL
I take the Humira injections every 2 weeks also and the methotrexate every week for my RA. It did very well before I had wls. Since wls I have had flare ups every 10 days and it is worse each time. I am glad it is helping and doing good for some, but not well for me right now. Irish
nasta
on 11/30/04 8:41 pm - Lantana, FL
Ms Pisces I am so sorry to hear about your flare ups. Maybe the stress from the wls is causing the flare ups and hopefully once the weightloss settles the flare ps will be controlled with the medication. I had the lapband so my weightloss is really s..l..o..w.. so theres no stress there. I was a little concerned of the silicon ring in my body but so far no issues. I sincerely hope that your flareups will settle since I hate them with a passion. Have a safe holiday season. ttfn Sari
J Brown
on 12/8/04 2:55 pm - Omaha, NE
I was on Humeria for 3 months but the reactions got so bad, I had to stop, there was danger of me going into anaflactic shock, too bad, It sure did make a differance. So now its just prednisone, plaquinel, celebrex and methotrexate self injections..did I say Only?? The loss of 77 pounds is a big help too..JeanB
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 125 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2368 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3563 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4831 views