RA and RNY Surgery

lstanger
on 6/10/05 5:37 am - Ladysmith, WI
Hello all, I am so glad I found this message board! I am scheduled for lap RNY in August. I have RA and currently inject with Enbrel, take methotrexate and Celebrex. I am wondering if their are post ops with RA and took similar meds pre surgery. I am just concerned about what to expect. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Lynne
Jenny X.
on 8/7/05 4:07 am - Englewood, OH
It's probably too late in the game for you - but have you considered a BPD w/ DS? This surgery leaves more stomach intact and ulcers are not as common.
dishjkd
on 9/3/05 7:24 pm - East Leroy, MI
Hi Lynne: By now you have gone through the RNY and are on the losing side, I am sure. I am scheduled for surgery (RNY) on Tues 9/6/2005 and also have RA. Was taking Methotrexate, and prednisone. I had to be off for two full weeks before surgery and I am in so much pain I had to be put on vicodin for the two weeks. I couldn't survive without it. Tell me how you are taking the meds now. I read where one person got injections of the methotrexate. Wonder if prednisone can be injected also. I would love to hear we get better with the RA after this surgery, but I don't know. What about it? Do you feel better? By the way, how are you doing with the WL? Janice
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 125 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2368 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3563 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4831 views