Confused and Moody

Its_My_Season
on 12/3/08 12:25 am, edited 12/3/08 12:25 am - IL

Today is day three of my liquid diet but I got this!  Head hunger is gone and food is no longer an issue. Getting lots of liquids in, so I'm all good. My guy's (yeah Michelle, I said it ) birthday is tomorrow and I ordered a wine and cheese basket to be delivered to his gig.

He will not be able to share any of it with me. But I'm still all good.

Enough talk of food....

Here are my questions:

1. Did your insides feel different after surgery?
2. What's the best way for a newbie to get their water in?
3. I'm feeling really moody...how long is this going to last?
4. I found myself crying this morning for no reason. Is this side effects of sugar/carb withdrawal?????
5. Is RNY pain worse than a hysterectomy or C-section?

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 12:35 am - syracuse, NY

.....Dont worry Ma  the food restrictions are temporary ....later on you will be able to tolerate some of your favorites just in smaller portions

1... to me my insides felt the same

2. all  you can do is sip sip sip......keep al water bottle with you at all times

3. varies

4.  dont know ma

5. never had either .....but for me it just felt like I had done a millon ab crunches

Its_My_Season
on 12/3/08 12:59 am - IL
Good to hear that the insides felt the same. I'm imagining a bloated feeling with something called my pouch floating around.

Thanks for your answers!

MrBaker870
on 12/3/08 12:37 am - Little Rock, AR
Yes after the surgery I felt funny as hell on the inside and the stomach always was singing..

The best way to ge****er in is slow and steady....however you like it....if you like cold water get some if you like to take to the head go ahead but be careful but just get it in.....it helps w/ the hunger pains. Also try eating ice too....that works w/ the chewing sensation and I suggest gum too some type of sugar free.

I was VERY emotional after my surgery so yes I think that is a big part of it as well.I don't know what caused it though if it was the food withdrawl or not.... 

I've never had a hysterectomy or c-section so i'm not sure.....but the RNY wasn't painful at all at least it wasn't for me!
Smile for me.........
Its_My_Season
on 12/3/08 1:02 am - IL
"if you like cold water get some if you like to take to the head go ahead but be careful but just get it in" -

I will mos def try the ice. Thanks!

Tiffany G.
on 12/3/08 1:00 am
1.  No, I can't tell that I've had surgery.
2.  Sip, sip, sip....  I mean constantly.
3.  I dunno.  Maybe it will pass after surgery?
4.  Maybe you are nervous, excited, etc...  A lot of emotions before your big day.
5.  My pain wasn't bad.  Well, it was managed I'll say.  I was off pain meds by 7 days I think.

Good luck to you!
~*Tiffany*~ my DS

Its_My_Season
on 12/3/08 1:05 am - IL
Tiffany,

Thanks for answering. You are mos def working your DS tool!

I'm hoping it will pass. My nerves are on 10 and I am mucho nervous over here.

What type of pain med were you on? I'll have to take liquid Lortab, but I'm worried about constipation.

Tiffany G.
on 12/3/08 1:13 am
In the hospital I was on the morphine pump...  every 4 minutes!  By the time I left, they had me on liquid something.  Then my prescription was for the tablet oxycodone.  They also gave me a script for a stool softener to combat constipation.  I know you are nervous but you will be fine. :)
~*Tiffany*~ my DS

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 12/3/08 1:27 am

1.  for me - not really - you feel different when you eat - the full sensation is a new thing - it was for me anyway......
2. sip, sip, sip.  I set 'water goals' for myself... x amt by x time in the day and if I wasn't there, i stopped what I was doing and focused on getting it in
3. moody is for a while dear - it will come and go - ride the wave, you will eventually hit the beach - or slap a *****!  Either one!!! lol
4. Lots of reasons for this - you are going through a very serious change, your body is reacting and your mind is f-ing with you.  Talk to somebody about it - might help.

5.  I didn't have a hyst or a c section - but I had laproscopic RNY and the pain wasn't that bad.  It's only temporary - once it passes you forget the moment.

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Its_My_Season
on 12/3/08 3:14 am - IL
You are soooo on point.

I just got off the phone with my Angel - can I say WOOOOSSSSAAAHHHHH!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 181 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1125 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2012 views