OT: Need suggestions

Tiffany A.
on 12/3/08 1:13 pm - Fort Knox, KY
So I have been striving to graduate and finally I will recieve a degree in Biology with Honors in the Spring (only to go and take more classes).. The problem is: I will walk in commencment in May... I would have had surgery by then. I have to order my cap and gown in Feb/Mar. I don't know what size to order. Should I order more than one and just eat the cost. Or guestimate and buy 1. They are not that expensive but, I am married, I work, and go to school so every dollar has a purpose. My husband doesn't care since he says that its up to me and its my day but I would like some opinions...

Thanks, Tiffany
Mrs.Royalty
on 12/3/08 1:16 pm - Martinsburg, WV
Order one in the size that you feel you want to be at the time and strive for that... That will give you something to look forward too...   I know that you will be fine...
natmadc
on 12/3/08 1:17 pm - WA
whens your surgery?
Tiffany A.
on 12/3/08 1:29 pm - Fort Knox, KY
From what I discussed with the nurse once we submit they are hoping for a 7 day tun-around with the paperwork and that I have surgery in Late Jan-Early Feb
Faith *
on 12/3/08 7:30 pm
Congrats Tiffany on your upcoming graduation!

If your surgery is in Feb and your graduation is in May, IMO, I think it would definitely be safe to order a gown at least one size if not two sizes smaller.  If you were shopping for an outfit then I would be worried because you would want it to "fit" and show your weight loss.   But because it is a gown, and it is not supposed  "fit" you, I think you will be okay.  

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

Inspire
on 12/3/08 7:35 pm
I agree with Faith.  But push come to shove, you can always have a seamstress take it in some.  That should cost less then buying 2 gowns.

Best wishes to you in your journey and in life!
Lashay1974
on 12/3/08 8:28 pm - Randallstown, MD
I also had to order my cap and gown since I will be graduating with my MA in Jan. I had my surgery in October however; my school ordering system you order your garb by weight and for undergrad of course I ordered the one for folks over 250pds however for this one I ordered garb for folks under 200 pds. I graduate in Jan.

Congrats on your upcoming graduation.

Danielle

GorgeousIsa
on 12/3/08 8:47 pm - Philly-delphia, PA
I attended Temple U and we were able to order in advance...They also sold the Cap and Gowns in the bookstore the week prior and of graduation...Better safe than sorry to have it...It does not fit to you so if you go smaller you should be fine.
HIGH-294CURRENT-151 GOAL-150LBS GONE-143LBS 2 GO-1 (Last weigh in 7/14)   Platics Done: Breast Reduction (5/14) Extended Tummy Tuck w/ Anchor & Brachioplasty (5/29)
(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 8:54 pm - Toledo, OH
I think your question has already been answered, but I just wanted to say congrats on the upcoming surgery and graduation.  
Sounds like next year is already going to be a wonderful year filled with great accomplishments!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 181 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1125 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2012 views