Family in need. PLEASE HELP

MrsTee
on 12/4/08 12:16 am - MD

Hello BAF,

I come to the board asking for help.  On November 6 CPS removed my sisters 4 children from her home.  Since that time, I have been training to become a Kinship Foster (jumping through HOOPS) parent for my niece and nephews. Because this is family I have to fight for the state to help with the cost of raising the kids.  The reason that I am coming to you is because I need FUNDS (just to get approved).  I know that the economy is ruff and prices are high.  But if you could find it in your heart to help me, help these children I will appreciate it GREATLY. The kids are ages 4 ½, 3 ½, 1 ½ and 7 months.  The state requires that each child have there own bed, which I am looking to get a set of bunk beds (with bedding), a toddler bed and a crib (bedding), formula and other items needed. 

I also am required to get smoke detectors (I have 2 need 2 more), fire Extinguishers (have one need one more) and wall sockets for all plugs (need 36 @ $3 each). 

PLEASE help.  I am not one to come to BAF with my business, but my OPTIONS are running out. 

With Christmas right around the corner, I only want for my sisters kids to have the family that they are suppose to have.   

I am not asking for gifts and toys I am asking for help to give theses kids FAMILY.

I do have a paypal account ([email protected]) if anyone is interested in helping. 

Thanks in advance for anything that you can give.

I didn’t spell check, because my headache wouldn’t allow it.  Lol

Thanks Family.

Tonya and kids.

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 12:31 am

I was in the same situation as you a few years ago and the state actually helped me find resources to get the things you are in need of.  So keep search there are resources out there that will assist in providing these things for you to become a kinship foster parent.  I am a witness to it. Most states are backed up with foster children so they will assist in placement.  Keep trying to find that right person that can direct you to the resources available that is what I had to do.   I hope it all works out for you.  I will keep you in prayer. 

God Bless.

MrsTee
on 12/4/08 12:37 am - MD
Everywhere I turn, they tell me that NO FUNDING is available.  And in DC you have to have the home ready, when they come to inspect.  My inspection is set for next Tuesday. 

I have calls out to Churches, businesses and family.  But EVERYONE seems to busy to return calls.  WOW, unbelievable.

If I learn nothing else from this experience,  SAVE, SAVE and SAVE some more.  Because you never know what will happen next. 

GorgeousIsa
on 12/4/08 12:58 am - Philly-delphia, PA
My heart goes out to you because I know the feeling...I have 5 younger brother and sisters ranging from 7-21 and I have been taking care of these children for my entire life and have been blessed...I would suggest physically going to places that can help..Someone had a scam going on, I am sure you heard, and though I believe you,  I am sure some may not...I can mail something that would help...In Philly I purchased my brothers bunk beds and mattresses (all new) for around $200..Call the local fire stations to inquire about other things (smoke detectors, etc)
HIGH-294CURRENT-151 GOAL-150LBS GONE-143LBS 2 GO-1 (Last weigh in 7/14)   Platics Done: Breast Reduction (5/14) Extended Tummy Tuck w/ Anchor & Brachioplasty (5/29)
MrsTee
on 12/4/08 1:35 am, edited 12/4/08 1:35 am - MD
I didnt think about Fire stations. 

Thanks for the headsup.  I wouldnt wish this situation on anyone.  SCAM,  if you could see my hair and the rings around my eyes, lol.  You would say HOW MUCH DOES SHE NEED.  lol

I am not one to easily ask for help,  but because time is running short for the inspection, a sister has to do, what a sister has to do.

And thanks for the concern. 

T
Dedee
on 12/4/08 2:06 am - Home Is Where, The HEART is, Midwest
Tonya has been on BAF for a while...we know she is not scamming us.....that took place on R&R....try some schitt like that on BAF and you gon get a beatdown before you go to jail. LOL

We got rules and schitt

Tee, I have a dayum crib in my basement, but I can't send it out to get there before Tuesday ~sigh~

Try your local Goodwill......you may want to hit MizD up on PM to see if she still has her crib.

I focus not on my disabilty; my focus is on my ABILITIES.  
(Dedee, 2009)              

My hearing impairment ENABLES me, not disables me.
(Dedee, 2008)

~Dedee   

GorgeousIsa
on 12/4/08 2:10 am - Philly-delphia, PA

Do not take this the wrong way but I do not care if she has been on BAF all her life, that is the reality of it, especially this time of year...I never said she was a scam but that some people are kind of weary of things, as they should be...And please speak for yourself...Her situation is very genuine to me because I know where she is coming from...I am going through my own trials and tribulations.

HIGH-294CURRENT-151 GOAL-150LBS GONE-143LBS 2 GO-1 (Last weigh in 7/14)   Platics Done: Breast Reduction (5/14) Extended Tummy Tuck w/ Anchor & Brachioplasty (5/29)
Dedee
on 12/4/08 2:15 am - Home Is Where, The HEART is, Midwest
I was not saying that to cause a battle, debate, nor to JUDGE!  I only responded because like YOU, there are many newbies on the board who doesn't know Tonya because she lurks now more than post, where at once she was an avid poster. In case someone WANTS to help, since I am one of the oldies, I wanted to VOUCH that she is legit and not scamming.

No offense to you was in my post....and I have walked in her shoes...TWICE!

I have had 2 nephews and niece that was in the system and we had to get custody of---so, I, too, feel her pain.

(Dedee, 2009)              

(Dedee, 2008)

~Dedee   

Madame
on 12/4/08 3:04 am - Oxon Hill, MD
Cute picture
(((((((DEDEE)))))))

Hope you are feeling better Babe!!!

Love ya!!!!
Peace & Blessings,   Sharon
6 years and counting
Dedee
on 12/4/08 3:40 am - Home Is Where, The HEART is, Midwest
I love you back, Doll!  Thanks ~Kerri took that pic---funny thing is....I was CRYING on it---that's why my eyes are so glossy ~sigh~

(Dedee, 2009)              

(Dedee, 2008)

~Dedee   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 181 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1125 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2012 views