It is not all about weight..........

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 12/4/08 8:25 pm
yea - I know, right?  WHAT you say???!!!!!  LMAO

I know yall think James H be off his rocker from time to time... .hell - almost ALL the time - HOWEVER - the brother got a couple, two, three VALID points.

While I realize we are all weight conscious and focused on losing weight - we are looking over another VERY valuable component to watch - BODY FAT. 

Who gives a hot shiot about body fat, right?  Well - you should.  You can be a low weight person with a high % of body fat and be JUST as unhealthy as a mofo with a lot of weight!!!!  I know - it sucks to have one MORE thing to work on - but it's almost MORE important than weight!!!

*I* just bought a new scale that will tell me my body fat % (relax - I ain't ballin like James and spend $2000 on the mofo - it was on sale for $50) - and found out last night that while I have lost 200lbs and weigh 184 - I am 37% body fat!!!!  My healthy body fat goal is 20%!!!!!!

WOW - total eye opener for me - I could lose 20lbs and still be as unhealthy as if I weighed over 200!!!!! 

So - while I know not everyone will give a hot flip about it - it IS important - and something that needs to be known, planned for and worked on!!!!  I will share more once I get a plan together on how I am going to deal with it. 

Keep on the grind people - it's a DAILY battle - but we winnin the WAR!!!!!! 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 8:29 pm - H-Town, TX
Good morning MM!! Thanks for the info and where was the scale on sale at?
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 12/4/08 8:56 pm
I got it at Macy's - but they don't have em no mo.......

It's the Conair Health-o- Meter scale - I'll have to net surf to find somewhere else that has em.....

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 12/4/08 9:10 pm

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 9:31 pm - H-Town, TX
Cool, that one's cheaper too!!
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 12/4/08 10:50 pm
I know!  And it give you your BMI which is more than the one *I* got.... DAMN!!!  LOL

Faith *
on 12/4/08 8:33 pm
Congrats on the 200 pounds!   WE CAN AND WILL WIN THE WAR!

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... It is a road that we must travel daily to succeed!"~Faith Thomas
It Is What It Is!!!
on 12/4/08 9:27 pm - Boston, MA
Thanks for the info Mack!   Question, do you know of strategy that focuses on losing the body fat?  If this is a stupid question, please look over me...  But I was just curious are there exercises more prevalent to do to help with this process?

Thanks in advance.

Kim
virtly
on 12/4/08 9:36 pm - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with

Hi Kim.
Chiming in on the body fat question,strength training is the one component that will help reduce your body fat.
It Is What It Is!!!
on 12/4/08 10:01 pm - Boston, MA

You mean like using the machines and/or the free weights?  I was told that I should switch it up because I was doing so much cardio.  I was thinking (seriously) about getting a PT at the gym.  At least to get me on a regimen and to make sure that I am doing the right thing for the right areas of interest.

Thanks for the information.

Kim

I Won't Complain!  I've had good days, I've had bad days.  All of my good days out weigh my bad days, I WON'T COMPLAIN.....  Kimberleece    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 182 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1126 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2013 views