Right over my HEAD

veenie73
on 3/24/11 12:51 am - Louisville, KY
Hello Everyone,
For some reason I just didn't see this forum. I have been on this site since March 17 or so. All I can do is SMDH... I love this forum. I have been on here reading blogs and post for about a hour now. I would like to introduce myself. Im a 37 yr old mother of 2 beautiful girls. Im married to a wonderful and caring man of 12 yrs.  We are having WLS together. He is having surgery April 27 and Im having mine May 10th.  At first I was very excited about the surgery but now since I have my wls date Im stressed and lil scared. Now my husband is VERY, VERY STRESSED. I can understand his situation better. He has never had surgery before. His stress is making me stressed He told me last night that he was going to make a bucket list for all the food he wouldn't be able to eat anymore. I don't know if that is a good idea. Has anyone done the WLS with a spouse or another person??? And is it healthy to just eat everything you won't be able to eat anymore???
The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time...   

LEE
on 3/24/11 1:34 am
Both myself and my espousa had surgery but it was 4 years apart not a few days like you guys are doing.  It's good because you will know what the other is going through, and you can share foods when you go out. 

Don't worry about the stress that is perfectly normal, and about that bucket list, all those foods he thinks he won't be able to eat again he will be able to eat again unfortunatey, excpt for maybe ice cream.

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
veenie73
on 3/24/11 1:47 am - Louisville, KY
Thanx for the insight. We have already started the protein shakes to get used to them. I would really love the shared food when we go out. That would bring that food bill down. I have 2 growing girls. They are nt big but they can eat, smh...The only thing he thinks he cant eat is steak, thats his FAV. I have learned how to fix the steak where he can eat it (I think). We will see, lol. Im the one who loves Ice cream.  We both are wrking on our snacking, to get that under control.

dstgirl2000
on 3/24/11 2:29 am
Hi Veenie.  I just wanted to say hello......and welcome to the BAF.  I didn't have a partner to go through wls with me, but I think it is a good idea that you both will have each other as a support system, and can understand what you're going through.

A couple of weeks before my wls I had a farewell feast of all my favs and just went for it..  Now a year and a half out, I can still eat pretty much what I want.  It's just that I don't want it, and if I do, the portions I can get in are so tiny that it's hardly worth it!  You're going to be anxious and stress for sure.  It's normal.  But just keep the ultimate results in mind for better health in the end.

Best wishes to you both on your procedures, and we'll warm that losers bench up for you!

J

1Haute Diva
on 3/24/11 3:02 am - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
 I haven't even seen the surgeon yet so I can't help with your questions lol.  

But I really think it's great that you and your hubby will be going through this together.  You will both be ablle to understand what each other is going through... I think it's such a good idea.
- Shaw

Lifebeauty
on 3/24/11 9:07 am
Hi Veenie.  You and hubby will really save on your food bill by doing it together.  Be excited, your are changing your lives.  Also, it does add a little stress just thinking about it.  I did not do the last supper foods.  My mind was made up as to giving some things up so I went with that idea.  However after time with the band you will be able to eat most foods.  I still am wary of things that clump together, i.e. rice and bread untoasted.  I am very careful with stringy foods such as corned beef, ham and celery.  I no longer eat the skin on apples and very seldom eat corn.  The band changes but you must always remember to chew, chew, chew your food well.  I can eat steak but it is cooked medium.
Hope all works well for you and hubby.  I love my band but I would have loved any type of weight loss surgery.  It was time and I was ready.  One word of caution.  Try to get your snacking under control.  It is harder for snackers with the band.
Wishing the best to both of you.
Z

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

veenie73
on 3/24/11 10:31 am - Louisville, KY
THANKS EVERYONE!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 186 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1130 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2021 views