Me and my Pana early in the morning....

martitalinda
on 4/24/11 10:48 pm
 Once again we are at Cody's for early 5 a.m. bkfast and a nice cup of café with my beautiful sista MSW Will Not Settle ... as she once again is in the area coming all the way from Georgia for her treatments as she battles for wellness with her non-WLS related medical issues ... I am just too happy to meet with her for an early morning chat and mutual encouragement as she prepares to tackle her treatments.... .. a strong and awesome woman with a positive outlook ... my hat off to her....

Me and my pana (pana is short for Panamanian) MSW has roots via parents from Panama also where I am originally from and where my entire family minus myself and kids and my uncle are .. DH is all American...

This is us this morning ... and I thought why not feature our a.m. picture in a collage us today in comparison with our before WLS pics.......

and a close up of two panas ... who met at an OH conference and have become IRL friends as well as sistas on the journey for health, longevity and quality of life ....  

Life often takes us places where we are not comfortable at .... I have found myself in some real battles ... my pillow can tell the tale of countless tears ... yet I embraced joy in the morning ... to awake another day, to carry my family through with minimal distress to them .... from the shut down of both my DHs kidneys to his transplant to his forefoot amputation I have had to buckle up and double up and work to bring my family forward and I did ... from my lumpectomy to multiple suspicious mammos and stereotactic biopsies and sentinel node ... from when my daughter took a fall and in my morbid obese state impeding my going up flights of stairs to assist her ....dragging myself up while the paramedics arrived to move me out of the way and get to her ... that there was a turning point for me ...  I have seen up close the perils of vascular disease... the lost toes, limbs and kidney and I a former diabetic did not want that for me ... with 5 co-morbidities left behind I have no intention of going back ... it has been 4 years and 2 months ... and I am so glad I changed my lifestyle by incorporating healthy eating habits and exercise ... it is worth it each and every day ...that I can live minus CPAP... minus GERD... minus hypertension, minus dyslipidemia and minus diabetes ... I love to have another day of health and mobility and quality of life with my family.... 

Life is so very short ... just a day ago a hit and run driver rammed into and totaled my DDs car and took off at full speed running a red light ... it happened so fast we did not see his plates even and he/she or whoever left bits and pieces and big chunks of their own car in its wake all the way down the street .... I have to look at the plus side ... that she was not in the car... no one was on the sidewalk or the intersection otherwise they would have been killed ...  that she has excellent insurance... a good job and the means to get another car ... even though she was not of the disposition of having another car note ... SIGH... but she is alive and well  today and I am happy... 

I will make joy happen to me today because tomorrow is not promised ... 

Have a wonderful day everyone ...  ..."there is misery and joy in equal parts in this world. Misery will find us if we make ourselves a target. Joy is just waiting for us to acknowledge it. I find joy every day in all parts of my life and I just let it happen to me. Misery is there but I'm sure as hell not going to invite it in"..... 

NO ONE KNOWS THE COST OF THE OIL IN MY BOX OF ALABASTER .... I DO... ... AND I CHOOSE TO EMBRACE JOY ... OVER MISERY.. ANY DAY.... like my sista and OH friend Fini says ... I just make it happen to me!!! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

LEE
on 4/24/11 11:36 pm
You guys are both Awesome.
Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
MSW will not settle
on 4/25/11 2:11 am
MsLee you are too sweet!

martitalinda
on 4/25/11 3:05 am
 Thank YOU sis! ...

MSW will not settle
on 4/25/11 2:31 am, edited 4/25/11 12:53 pm
MsMartitaLinda I luv, I Luv, I LUV the collage. 

I deal with my litle bit of this and that.  But, when I learned how much you and Al have endured individually and together it is mind blowing.  I'm hoping and praying for my own 'Al'.  To have that one with whom I  enjoy such mutual unconditional support; shared love for your blended families and friends; and total deovtion between husband and wife is so rare today. 

When we met for breakfast  I was on my way to a routine neuro check up.  Right now I'm in treatment area hooked up to yet more high dose steroids.  As it turns out, my feet and legs which were doubled in size this morning and growing are reacting to the pain meds. Ms Martita you were absolutely right.  This time the weight gain is not primarily fat gain. 

The MS is in an active flare hence some of my recent issues.  Gratitude is the word.  My issues are nothing special.  I've got plenty of gratitude.  Things could be a lot worse. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

martitalinda
on 4/25/11 3:07 am
 You did not need a nurse to tell you anything ... YOUR FOOT WAS SWELLING UP LIKE A BALLOON RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR FACES YIKES ... what are they doing about it? do you have them elevated at least for now?

MSW will not settle
on 4/25/11 9:19 am
Happy to say both feet/ legs are shrinking bur ache a little.  Today's routine neuro exam became a hostage situation. 

This morning should have been in and out with the neurologist but signs of decline and/ or an ms flare up are there.  More of those  steroids plus lasix to drain the fluid.  My legs are like tree trunks but not as bad as last time.  

My docs office is office is in the hospital so he sent me for immediate treatment.  He also ordered new scripts with my pharmacy for me to pick up on my way home. 

Although my feet are still huge they are noticibly smaller.  Lyrica is the culprit and may have been the culprit for the previous leg swelling episode as well.  I'm off that g*% d*%#@  weight gain causing drug for good now.  It has been replaced with an anti sesure drug for pain.  Anti convulsives have done well for pain management in the past.  With all of them I build up a tolerance after a couple years.   

Arrgh, I get to do it again tomorrow too, then again on Wednesday with my usual three treatments.  If I show  good progress I won't have to do Thurs/ Fri also.  Fingers crossed, minimum three grams steroids this week but could go to five.    Lasix until I can wear my shoes again up to seven days.  The shoes I wore today were all that fit besides sandals.  He gave me two weeks worth of lasic in case he determined I should continue it a little longer. 

Its feet up and compression stockings for me for a couple of days/ weeks.  I can still do my workout but its feet up when idle. 
mrs. neenaj
on 4/25/11 8:43 am
Beautiful !!!  MSW take care of yourself  . Wow y'all both have been through so much, I can't complain. ((hugs))
MSW will not settle
on 4/25/11 9:27 am
Girl when I see what others have managed I can only have graitude.  If we can say nothing else about of sisters we must admit that sisters are SURVIVORS.  You and I. MsMartita, MsLee, and coutless others in the BAF family. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 202 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1145 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2047 views