KEEPING THE FLAME GOING ... SNIPPETS OF MY LIFE POST WLS

martitalinda
on 5/20/11 1:24 am
 Tonight I am heading out for a night of fun with my DH and my friends ... yup... we are a group of old farts in our 50's married over 20+ years .... we are couples keeping the fire/flame going or so we describe ourselves LOL.... We are heading out tonight after I come home from the pool ... we are going to have a wonderful retreat together and we will be back home in the morning ... I packed my overnight bag too ... woot woot it matches my red outfit....can you imagine? just 1 bag??? LOL

I LOVE LOVE COLLAGING MY BEFORE AND AFTERS... my before keeps me right where I want to be in my present...

I am not going to forget how far I have come ... I will always look at my former self and remember how much better life is without 5 co-morbidities and limited mobility ...

My week last week looked like this as I rocked my outfits some made by me yup I LOVE TO SEW .... and some purchased ... I wore different outfits to work, to volunteer at the outreach center, to the house of praise and other places all week just like I did at my heaviest weight .... each day I groomed myself and started the day feeling beautiful as I always have.  No matter what size I was I was coiffed and groomed  ... I personally feel and this is my personal opinion only and there are exceptions to this too ...there is no excuse for ANY WOMAN to walk around unkempt whether indoors or especially outdoors unless sick or severely depressed and even so I always found that getting up and taking a shower and combing my hair and applying lip-gloss lifts a depressed mood.... ... there was a point back in the 80's that I had my own dressmaking business ... Martita's Twice as Nice Plus Sizes ... and I custom made and designed gowns for large girls and large women like me.... I DO BELIEVE THE THAT CURE FOR CERTAIN TYPE OF DEPRESSION IS A PERFUMED BATH AND LIP-GLOSS...

I wore suits most of the week this week... in part it was cold and rainy and I did not want to use a coat and in part because I finally sewed something on my new project runway sewing machine my dearest daughter presented me with ... and I wore it to work yesterday...check it out ...

I love love love White House/Black Market Clothes it is my favorite store too... and I love that I fit every Size 0 they have... so today 5-20-2011 I am at work wearing my tiny White House/Black Market jacket with belt in a size 0 ... and I can't wait till tonight after pool ... heading out for a night of fun with DH and five other couples from out oldies keeping the flame going group.

I love love love my life post weight loss surgery and even as I loved my life prior to weight loss surgery I certainly did not love and shudder at the remembrance of a body plagued by obesity related illnesses and limited mobility.  I have health and I have motion and I am so totally grateful that I will do nothing to jeopardize my way of life now...

So I packed my overnight bag and me and me my old man are going out on the town LOL .... and I already ran 5 miles first thing this morning and this evening I will swim and tonight I will, wine, dine, dance and fully enjoy.... woot woot.... is it quitting time yet? LOL

Make joy happen!!! Don't worry.... be happy!!!! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Cali_SL
on 5/20/11 1:41 am - Los Angeles, CA
Love your confidence and way of thinking. Have fun and "behave" this weekend (yeah right)
~Cali          
MSW will not settle
on 5/20/11 3:02 am
Have a blast!  You look great as always. 

Rock the clothes, hair & make up ladies.  I'm also a believer in looking your best at every size.    It is our resposibility to ourselves.  Look good and feel to good about your looks. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Lifebeauty
on 5/20/11 10:12 pm
Congrats, and thanks for the pics.  I too am a seasoned married woman.  The DH and I have been together forever and have friends that are the same.  It's great.  The flame is not blazing out of control but its still burning.  Have a great time.  Your words of advice are so true.  I've never had low self esteem due to my obesity but many do.  Did not have health issues but long term obesity and age can bring it on, so I chose preventive measures.  I chose to get rid of the weight and continue to get older and healthier.  You are lookin good.  Zero is not on the horizon for me but a toned 14 is right around the corner.
Take care,
Z

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

mel1964
on 5/23/11 3:35 am

thanks for sharing your thoughts! i am also surprised that since the weight loss a lot of things have changed besides me, like i can use a small suit case, i went down a shoe size and the water does not splash out of the tub when i get in it!!! i know other people go through it sometimes but i am a firm believer in a locked door, a prayer, candles,a tub full of ho****er and bubbles!!!!!( and a ****tail, preferably a bloody Mary or nice glass of wine!)  club tub works everytime for me! hope you had a wonderful time!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 202 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1145 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2047 views